Wednesday, October 05, 2005

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR...

>

My friend "A" in Florida keeps pestering me to run advertising on Down With Tyranny. That's not going to happen and someday I'm going to be able to make "A" understand that commerce is not the be-all and end-all of man's existence. It may take a while. Meanwhile, this is the closest I plan to get to running ads on this site. It's more of a public service announcement. Republicans, neo-Nazi and KKK members need not bother to look. Patriots go here ---> http://www.yucs.org/%7Eephraim/bushlip/

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger KenInNY said...

I loved this.

Still, in fairness to drugs (yes, that's Chimpy for you--he'll have you defending drugs!), they're only part of the explanation for Chimpy's brain. After all, the Rev. Jim Ignatowski on TAXI also had a brain that was the product of drugs, and in his fog he was nevertheless sweet and caring and generous and consequently much (and deservedly) loved.

I think we have to conclude that the viciousness and selfishness and indeed the WILL to ignorance (and its close kin, wide-ranging hostility to knowledge of the reality-based sort, and people who possess any), and I suspect some even darker pockets we've barely glimpsed, were all crammed into that brain before the alcohol and drugs were applied.

Now you may argue that the Reverend Jim was a fictional character. But are you going to try to tell me that Chimpy is REAL? How do we know he's not just another character played by the guy who used to be Larry "Bud" Melman with David Letterman? I ask you, has anyone seen Chimpy and Larry "Bud" together?

K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home