Thursday, January 03, 2008

Say, I was out of town awhile. Is something going on someplace in the Midwest--like maybe Iowa?

>

Is there something going on in Iowa, of all places?

A couple of weeks ago I had to slip out of view to deal with an out-of-town family medical emergency. I consoled myself with the thought that by the time I got back, all that "election" stuff would surely be over, and the boys and girls who were "running" would have stopped their kidding, and we would have all our attention available for Britney and the stuff that really matters. (Say, did you hear about Rosie tearing into Barbara?) Phew, what a relief!

Now, though, I get the distinct feeling that there's something going on, possibly even today, and it seems to be happening in, of all places, Iowa. I know that sounds crazy, but I don't think I'm imagining it.

Well, I guess somebody will tell us all about it when it's over.
#

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked for a way to email this, couldn't find your address on site, so I'll just leave this here.

Are you aware that when your page is loading, there is this sentence at very top of page, where blogger stuff eventually winds up?:

"to icon size, so people don't have to download a 1/4 meg image everytime they visited your site. Try this code and see what you think:"

I'm thinking that code needs a little tweeking.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Thanks for noting this, Misterissa. Maybe we should explore that mystery code, but I've always thought of this as falling under the heading of "going looking for trouble." The sad fact is that you're not apt to find two people less equipped to tweak code than Howie and me.

Howie has ambitious plans for upgrading the site--one of these days. I get nervous just thinking about it.

Best,
Ken

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

misterissa, you r correct. And until a fix you can get "under" it sort of by reducing your font size. (It can be kind of an interesting way to put up the first post semi-anonymously)
Happy Trailz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home