Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BIG SISTER, BIG BROTHER... SAME DIFFERENCE

>


A disclaimer: I think Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic primary and I think John McCain will win the Republican primary. I think Democrats and independents will unite behind ridding America of the hated GOP while far right Republicans sit on their hands. Hillary will probably be the next hideous, shitty president of the U.S. And I probably won't have the guts to not vote for her-- though I'll pray for the strength not to. (Obviously she has about the same chance of capturing my vote in the Democratic primary that her pal Lieberman does... although she's better than he is.)

That said, there's an ad that is so powerful and so groundbreaking that I have little doubt it will probably never get seen in any kind of mainstrem way. Like maybe Colbert or John Stewart will figure out a way to use it. Tops. Barack Obama, who could ride it into the White House, has disclaimed any affiliation to the ad. Unfortunately, I completely believe him. Watch it, please:



Thank you.

I hope you recognize the Orwellian nature of the ad. No one knows who made it. Well, someone knows; but I don't and no one I know does. You might recall having seen something like it from Apple (debuted on the 1984 Super Bowl). This time, however, Big Brother is Big Sister. Zombies are and always will be zombies though.


UPDATE: OH, THIS THING IS BETTING BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT... AND FASTER

The video is huge now. As commenter E.P. mentions below, it was featured on the Larry King Show last night. Wow! He beat Colbert! And today a commenter at MyDD analyses the whole situation.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barack Obama was on Larry King Monday night. The ad was actually shown in its entirety, and Obama confirmed that his campaign had nothing to do with it.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to remember that this ad originally was telecast on the super bowl and was made for Apple.

The manipulation of the original would be very easy with modern video software. Any good computer wiz could have made this on a good mac computer.

It did not take a lot of technology to do this, just a bit of inspired thinking by one person.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe it was on last night's NBC nightly news segment with Chuck Todd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home