Sunday, April 09, 2006

SO IS LIEBERMAN A DEMOCRAT OR NOT? HE'S BEING CAGEY

>


Or coy. Lieberman has been asked at least 3 or 4 times whether or not he would commit to abiding by the results of the Connecticut Democratic primary-- as Ned lamont has pledged to-- and support the candidate that Connecticut Democratic voters choose. He flat out refuses.

This is a transcript from Connecticut Blog of Holy Joe's interview with Joe Lalli, a 17 year old not afraid to ask the high and mighty, self-styled methusalah, a tough question:

Joe Lalli: Ned Lamont has already stated that he would
support you if you won the Democratic nomination and
Zell Miller once stated that he would always be a
member of the Democratic party. Can you make similar
promises?

LIEBERMAN: I'll always be a member of the Democratic
party. I hope there's not a primary. I'm confident if
there is one, I'll win it, but I'm not gonna rule out
any other option for now because I feel so strongly
that I can do better for the State of Connecticut for
the next six years in the United States Senate that I
want to give all the voters a chance to make that
decision on Election day in November. I want to do it
as a Democrat. If I didn't want to do it as a
Democrat, I would choose to run in some other party,
trust me. But I want to do it as a Democrat because I
believe in the Democratic party, so really the choice
is up to my fellow Democrats...


Sounds like a threat to me. Is his pal Chuck Schumer listening?

Meanwhile, I'd like to urge progressives to consider if they'd like to spare a little change for Ned Lamont, the actual Democrat in this primary. It's time to retire George Bush's favorite Democrat. You can help Ned at the DWT ACT BLUE Page. And if you live in Connecticut and you're in a volunteerin' mood... please, be my guest.


MONDAY UPDATE: LIEBERMAN-- CONFUSED AND CONFUSING EVERYONE ELSE

And now even the mainstream media is picking up on Lieberman's duplicitousness when it comes to the Democratic Party. The old guard of the Party still doesn't want to recognize what is as clear as day" Lieberman is out for himself and hasn't honestly had anything to do with the Democratic Party-- or, more important, Democratic ideals and values-- since he graduated from Yale. They should let go of this traitorous Neanderthal and get behind Ned Lamont, a guy who stands for everything appealing about the Democratic Party.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grumpy old dog can growl all the veiled threats he wants to, but if he's hinting that he would enter the race as an independent, if he were to lose the primary to Ned Lamont, he's talking through his hat.

Swing State Project posted a clear explanation of why it would be virtually impossible for him to do that, because of the deadlines:

http://www.swingstateproject.com/

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is everyone confused , The jewish vote was 100% behind Bush as he promised to throw america,s support for Isreal. Lieberman has no choice but to stay with bush

 

Post a Comment

<< Home