Friday, January 13, 2006

YOUNG REPUBLICAN THUGS GO ON FLORIDA BEATING & KILLING SPREE

>


In between insipid reports on breathtaking new cookie recipes and reading fake news reports from the Bush Regime, CNN showed this horrendous 30 second video this morning, while I was getting dressed, of a masked man beating a homeless person with a stick or a bat in Ft Lauderdale. The horrific scene didn't seem to phase the airhead "reporter" (who saves her emotions strictly for the burned cookies). I mean it was like "See the guys beating up these homeless people. Like wow. One died. And now more COOKIE RECIPES... ONLY on CNN!" I wanted to throw up.

Coincidentally, the BBC is reporting today that a British millionaire, who was arrested for attacking and beating homeless people was sentenced to five and a half years in prison today. (A bug had been installed in the 34 year old right-wing asshole's £100,000 Bentley.)

Meanwhile the CNN website is carrying an AP report about which cities are "meanest" to homeless people: Sarasota (FL), Little Rock, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas and Houston. There is no link to the video they showed a few hours ago, although I did manage to find another AP story on the actual incident the cookie recipe network reported on. Ft. Lauderdale police claim they will charge the assailants, who they haven't caught yet but have on video, with murder. "It's senseless. If you look at these kids, it was almost like it was fun and games for them," Officer Scott Russell said. The video from Florida Atlantic University shows two men chasing and beating a man who had been sleeping on a bench. "It looked like they were going for the head," Detective Katherine Collins said. Another man, Norris Gaynor, 45, died from his injuries.

It turns out this all took place at the quasi-educational facility the DWTart department is based at! Although building sand castles is the main preoccupation of the young scholars at the institution, the art department reports that "Republican type frat rats, brimming with bigotry like beating up homeless people as a kind of sick sport." Are you waiting for me to blame this on George Bush? Wait no longer. Can there be any doubt in anyone's mind that this kind of behavior is green-lighted by a society led by bigots who consistently show absolutely no respect for The Law?

In another part of Florida, Daytona Beach, 4 teenagers pleaded guilty last month to fatally beating a 53-year-old homeless man in May. They haven't been sentenced yet. Neither has Bush.

2 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jose said...

How do you know they are republicans, if they don't even have their names?

And how exactly is Bush responsible for this? Do you blame everything that happens here to him?

Just want to know how your reasoning works.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

Thanks for writing, Jose-- and thanks for the very appropriate comments. I guess I was being a little ironically playful. Of course I don't know if they're actually members of the Republican Party-- my bet would be that people like this don't even vote at all-- but one would have to be a mind-reader (or a regular reader of DWT)-- to know I didn't mean "Republican" that way. For me a "Republican" is just a reactionary, right-wing bigot, anyone whose motivations are selfishness and greed and prejudice against the weak. I realize I was lazy and didn't really make my case and I'm glad you called me on it.

What kind of a person targets the weak and miserable and reacts against them with viciousness? These aren't progressive thinkers, I assure you. The head of the DWT art department is one of your fellow students and I got any idea from him about what types of people at your school have the kind of mentality that would make them murder a desperate man with no home with baseball bats while he was sleeping.

Yes, I blame everything that happens on Bush, it's true. I'm aware of it and sometimes think it may be a personal shortcoming of mine. At the same time I do believe the president sets a tone for society, particularly for intellectually undeveloped people like these, and the tone Bush and his regime have set is one where the rich and powerful prey on the weak and poor. It is also an essentially lawless regime where anything goes that they want.

Jose, I liked your site. Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home