Friday, November 11, 2005

NEWS YOU CAN USE... IF YOU HAVE A 6 MONTH OLD BABY

>

Most mornings I start my day with a swim. It totally brings me back to life. Then I have breakfast and then I go for a walk in the hills with my neighbor Cynthia. Today Cynthia told me that her grandson, Charlie, just turned 6 months and that yesterday his mom took him to the doctor for a check-up and for his flu shot. Mom is a concerned parent and savvy consumer and read up on the flu shot little Charlie was about to get. She determined that included in the shot is a mercury-based (ie- poisonous) preservative. A long discussion ensued with the doctor. Finally, he raised the white flag and said, "So you refuse to let me give him this shot?" She gulped and said that that was how she felt. He then reached into his cabinet and took out the mercury-free (non-poisonous) flu shot and vaccinated Charlie. Mom was stunned. She wondered why they had had to go through all that distressing conversation. "They [Bush? A Bush crony?] make us. There's a severe shortage of this stuff and we're not allowed to volunteer it." Now you know. Tell your friends and neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home