Saturday, October 22, 2005

ALMOST-NO-BUSH-BASHIN' ENTERTAINMENT

>

Yesterday I got a very endearing letter from a young person. Spell-corrected, it read something like "Hey dude, what music do you listen to when you write this stuff? I need to get some so I can write some of this wild stuff." Well, I'm glad you want to write-- and let me remind you that we all use spell-check-- and I am glad you asked. Unfortunately most of what I've been listening to this week isn't commercially available yet-- 3 awesome future releases by L.A.-based bands, Building A Better Space Ship, Plastic Letters, and Sparks. You can hear the German vinyl-released album by Plastic Letters on their My Space page, and you can hear some rough recordings by Building A Better Space Ship here. The new album from Sparks, HELLO, YOUNG LOVERS, isn't due out til February; worth waiting for! Other than those, the more easily accessible music I listened to most this week lend themselves to a "DWT Top 10 of the Week." Numero Uno is a song that-- at least in my fertile mind-- is about Jesus coming back to earth and trying to make stuff work right this time. It's "Krafty" (Morel's Pink Noise Vocal Mix) by New Order. Right now it just makes me cry; hopefully stigmata won't follow. Going back to my iTunes I see exactly how many times I listened to everything this week while I was working on my computer.
2- "Pounding" by Doves
3- "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day
4-"April Skies" by Jesus and Mary Chain
5- "Opus Dei" by Laibach (maybe that's why I write about Santorum so much!)
6- "Jerusalem" by Steve Earle
7- "She's A Jar" by Wilco
8- "Bird on a Wire" by k.d. lang
9- "Catch the Wild" by Donovan
10- "No W" by Ministry

I saw CAPOTE yesterday. There's a good movie I'd recommend; amazing acting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home