Thursday, October 20, 2005

FORGET GUESSING WHO'S BEING INDICTED; GUCKERT/GANNON IS WRITING A BOOK ABOUT WHO HE SLEPT WITH IN THE WHITE HOUSE !

>

Having a memory the stretches back further-- at least at times-- than the last election cycle, I can say with a sense of dignity that I have never once turned on Fox "News." I remember when Gingrich cut the deal for the damn fascistic foreigner to be allowed in here and allowed to own our mass media. When Clinton went along, it was the first time I realized he was more one of them than one of us (and not the last). Nor can I stomach CNN. Although he's more often than not wrong about any given subject, "A" (the Fox-addict and O'Liely devotee) is correct when he points out that CNN is so light that you're more likely to see a cookie recipe segment than a hard news segment at any given time. And when you do see hard news, its just as likely to be some Fox-lite corporatist propaganda nonsense than anything worth watching. Nevertheless, when I wake up in the morning, before going for a swim, I turn on CNN-- basically just to see if God/Mother Nature took any revenge on us for allowing Bush to make himself our leader. And that's how I came to become aware of Gannon/Guckert. I was about to jump out of bed and start my routine when on came a Bush press conference. I'm not a lookie-loo driver but I've heard about Bush press conferences and I figured I could give this live car crash a few seconds.

I don't remember Guckert/Gannon's question exactly. It was something to the effect of "Oh, Exalted Leader, how can someone as great and pure as yourself put up with the carping and whining of all those traitorous Democrats in the Senate." I did a double take. I said to myself, "Self, am I awake? Did that really just happen? Is this CNN or Comedy Central? This must be a replay from John Stewart's show."

But, alas, it was the about to be exposed lover of Scotty Mc-whatever-his-name-is, Bush's hapless, closeted press secretary, someone who was immediately thrust onto the national stage. Jeff Gannon/Guckert, a make believe journalist and male prostitute specializing in... watersports went from a right wing attack poodle to a late night TV punch line for a week. Democrats being too decent a lot for their-- let alone OUR-- own good, no one followed up on exactly why he was always in the White House, let alone sleeping over! So today Washington took a moment out from the Cheney/Libby/Rove/Hadley/Hannah/Wormy/DeLay/Pombo/Abramoff/Ney death watch for a collective chuckle about Guckert/Gannon's announcement that he was writing a book. Then they saw the veiled threat ("I'm sure there are people who had hoped I'd never write about this") and the titters weren't quite so hearty. Forget about stains on a blue dress, does Guckert/Gannon have soiled rubber sheets? Rove DNA? McClellan (that's his name!) DNA? He says he's working on "the content right now." Let's hope it comes out-- no pun intended-- in time for the midterm elections! I wonder if there's a publisher?

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger KenInNY said...

A Gannon book? Surely that's never gonna happen. When our Jeff says, "Ladies and gints, the bidding for my book is open," surely what he means is the bidding for him NOT to write a book.

Does everyone remember when Neil Bush's ex announced that SHE was going to write a book? Now you had to figure that Sharon B. knew where whole bunches of bodies were buried, literally as well as figuratively. I think it's safe to say she had the prudence to take whatever few bucks her ex-in-laws' "people" offered her--allowing her to walk away in one piece, still breathing.

For our Jeff's sake, I hope he's learned the appropriate lesson, and doesn't entertain an inflated idea of what killing his book is worth. Because I think Mrs. Neil understood that the "people" you come into contact with when you propose to tell nasty truths about the Bush clan don't necessarily stop at killing books. Jeff, or whatever he's calling himself these days, may think he knows from experience how to calculate the market value of his carcass. He may discover that these "people" work from an altogether different rate card.

Since, naturally, I want to hear all the dirt our Jeff has to dish, I hope he has the foresight to protect himself with a strategically squirreled "Envelope to Be Opened in the Event of My Untimely Demise" containing the lustiest poop.

K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home