Thursday, October 20, 2005

THANK GOODNESS THE VOICE IN HIS HEAD NEVER TOLD GEORGE BUSH TO DROWN BARBARA AND JENNA

>

I was really horrified when I woke up this morning and heard about that poor woman who drowned her 3 children in the San Francisco Bay. Lashaun Harris, 23, who had been living with her children in a Salvation Army Shelter in Oakland, has no prior criminal record and had been diagnosed with schizophrenia earlier this year. She said a voice in her head had told her to throw her children into the Bay. Tonight she's in prison.

That was the news this morning-- that plus Bush having a joint press conference with Abu Mazen, Prime Minister of Palestine. Abu Mazen... oh yeah, I wrote about him on October 6. It was about a BBC story on how Bush told Abu Mazen and Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath that he hears voices in his head directing him too. In fact here's what Shaath told the BBC: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

After the BBC ran the story Bush said he never said this and, in effect, called the foreign minister a liar. Abu Mazen, diplomatically, kept quiet, more or less.

I don't know if Bush has been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. I know I feel tremendous sadness for Lashaun T. Harris and very different emotions for George W. Bush, although both claim their violent crimes were committed because they were hearing voices in their heads telling them what to do. One is in prison and the other probably never will see the inside of a prison (unless he doesn't pardon Rove and that crew and decides to visit them). That reminds me of something else I've been meaning to talk about today... also inspired by my 10 minutes of daily CNN dosage.

Some fools on there were babbling airheadedly about Saddam Hussein's trial and what a great impact it was making in the Middle East. Sounding like it came directly from a White House press release, the CNN idiots were going on and on how "in the Middle East former presidents never stand trial." I suppose that was supposed to invoke wonder and joy in the listeners prompting them to think: "Wow, we are so democratic; we are causing the mighty and powerful and corrupt to be tried by the people. How wonderful we are for these Middle Easterners. Soon they'll be just like America!" Where corrupt lawbreaking presidents always go to trial?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home