Friday, October 26, 2018

Caitlyn Jenner On Trump: "Oops!" Will Kanye Care?

>

Like Caitlyn, I have moths in my closet

Bruce Jenner was a lifelong Republican and when he became Caitlyn Jenner in 2015 that didn't end. Yesterday she wrote an OpEd for the Washington Post, I Thought Trump Would Help Trans People. I Was Wrong. She was wrong-- to to have ever thought something so profoundly stupid and to have, as a self-proclaimed transgender activist, acted on it. Did she somehow not understand that Trump is a compulsive, self-serving liar and has been so his entire life?

"Trump was the first Republican presidential candidate to claim to support this valuable, vulnerable community," she wrote, "and I was encouraged by the applause he received when he said at the Republican National Convention in July 2016 that he would stand up for the LGBTQ community." The applauders motivation was the same as Trump's-- getting suckers like Jenner to vote for him based on an absurd lie.

"Sadly, I was wrong. The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president... He has ignored our humanity. He has insulted our dignity. He has made trans people into political pawns as he whips up animus against us in an attempt to energize the most right-wing segment of his party... This is politics at its worst. It is unacceptable, it is upsetting, and it has deeply, personally hurt me."

Unlike her deranged and very Trump-like crackpot step-son-in-law, Kanye West, Jenner seems genuinely revolted by Trump and his vile escapades, whether or not she sees what he's doing beyond her own community. "Believing that I could work with Trump and his administration to support our community was a mistake," she now admits ruefully. "It’s clear these policies have come directly from Trump and were sanctioned by his base. My hope in him-- and them--  was misplaced, and I cannot support anyone who is working against our community... I do not support Trump. I must learn from my mistakes and move forward." What about if he was OK with the trans community, but still putting babies in cages? Would be A-OK then?

Yesterday, according to the NY Post Costume Agent, a Michigan retailer, has removed the "I Am Cait" outfit (costume?) from the market right before Halloween. The $44.95 Jenner-inspired outfit, which included running shorts, a tank top reading "USA," two fake gold medals and a red wig, are no longer available through Amazon or eBay, although I assume it will be back on eBay as a collectible soon enough. "The company’s move follows calls from transgender support groups including Stonewall, which said the costume 'reduces a marginalized group to the butt of a joke" and one group called the costume "transphobic" and "completely tasteless." On Tuesday, Costume Agent had said it would not remove the outfit from sale, saying "It's a costume. It's funny." Ha ha.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

trump has been a liar his whole life. he profits from his lies mostly because americans are such brain dead dumbfucktards.

jenner only proved just how stupid he/she is.

I knew all along that someone who hates so full-spectrum and so profoundly as trump was lying and would not only not do shit FOR LGBTQs, he'd sanction constant attacks AGAINST them by his Nazi base. But then I have a measurable IQ.

jenner, who I presume is actually sincere in his advocacy, fell for the worst possible, most obvious con.

jenner, as a self-proven sub sentient imbecile, should never be listened to ever again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home