Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Louie Gohmert Is Sincere... And Batshit Crazy, Utterly Delusional

>


When I was a sophomore in college I was smitten by a junior, the most beautiful girl in the school, artistic, sophisticated, mature... but I could barely get her to notice me. I was the chairman of the Student Activities Board and she mentioned to me that her favorite album in the world was Song to a Seagull by a new young singer I had never heard of. It had just been released by Reprise Records and I managed to get someone there to help me book her to play a concert at the school. It got me a couple of dates with the girl I was in love with. And I met that singer, who I became friends with years later when I became president of Reprise Records who she was, over 2 decades later, still recording for.

I was enthralled by her-- by her immense talent as a songwriter-- the world's best-- and as a singer and guitar player and as a painter. But was she kidding when she told me there were CIA agents living in her basement and spying on her? How will I ever know? If she was joking, she never let on.

I would be anything she truly believed it then and probably still believes it now, even if the agents have moved out now. And some people believe if not for them, we'd be at war with North Korea now.




The first time I met Bill Clinton it was about a very specific piece of business. He was friendly, attentive and charming but only wanted to talk about one thing, that same singer, (also, I found out, years later, Alan Grayson's favorite singer). After Bill was done taking about the singer, he quickly foisted me off on a very powerful, very crooked congressman whose son soon came up to me and blatantly asked me for a large bribe to get my business attended to. That congressman was caught doing something crooked and was forced to retire early. I never heard from that horrible son again. But Alan Grayson and I have become friends. I was always curious why he was also friends with crackpot Republican Louie Gohmert of Texas. I asked him. He said he felt that Gohmert was very sincere and that nothing was a put on. First and foremost he was sincere about his Christianity. I think Grayson admired that sincerity in the midst of all the insincere snakes that infest Congress.


So when I read something like this, I know it isn't because Gohmert is making it up. I know Gohmert believes it in his heart. And I know Gohmert needs psychiatric treatment. He believes Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is spying on him.
"I’ve been told in the past there’s been great concern about who I saw, what I did and that I was being monitored and was even told they know everybody that walks in your office," Gohmert said Monday in an interview on Fox Business's Lou Dobbs Tonight."

Gohmert echoed similar sentiments last week in an interview with WMAL’s Morning on the Mall radio show.

"I don’t doubt for a minute that he has people who have been looking into my background. I’ve been told as much by some other folks," Gohmert said in that interview, referring to Rosenstein.

Gohmert has yet to provide any evidence to substantiate his suspicions... Gohmert has called for Mueller to be fired and said earlier this year he is open to impeaching Rosenstein.
Who else is delusional? Facebook, who rejected this song for an ad yesterday as "too political." It's by the Wes Cook band and it doesn't sound "political" to me at all. You?



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.... your singer is 'batshit crazy, utterly delusional' by analogy??

I got news for you'se... those who are totally sincere AND are devout Christians (or any bronze-age religion) are THE MOST BATSHIT INSANE. It's by definition. When you have a 4th-grade education and still believe that which has nearly all been debunked, much of which has been debunked for over a century, you are insane. There can be no other diagnosis.

louie gohmert is also, most likely, the dumbest hominid to live on earth in the past 2 million years. It is unknowable if any of the earliest bipedal apes in our family tree were dumber. But I wouldn't bet on gomert being their equal.

says a shitload about the voters of TX-01 don't it?

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embracing diversity and feeling community are values my "libertarian" neighbors find repulsive.
Social darwinists to the core

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denial of reality is a hallmark of insanity, and that is a central tenet of religion. One can't have faith if one is constantly examining the details and coming up with answers which don't dovetail with the dogma.

I don't believe that it was unreasonable for Joni Mitchell to think that she might be under surveillance. John Lennon certainly was, and it is likely the Grateful Dead were if only due to their entourage.

Mitchell was (is?) a Canadian (aren't they enemies of the State now?) who hung around those circles and created music which "had to have been inspired by the ingestion of illegal substances" just because they were so creative and innovative. I personally still marvel at them today. It had to have been beyond the understanding of the Big Band generation who controlled the government at that time, so according to their beliefs, she had to be someone to keep watch upon.

I am not very knowledgeable about the rap and hiphop genres, but is it unreasonable to think that those artists aren't under nearly constant surveillance in the Age of Black Lives Matter? People like Louis Gohmert would certainly believe so!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want delusional? Try This:

Rhode Island Democratic Party Backs Trump Supporter Over Progressives

"The long-simmering fight burst into the open this week after the Rhode Island Democratic Party released its slate of endorsements, which critics say is aimed at punishing three women who ousted old-guard incumbents two years ago."

This is what Ocasio-Cortez has to watch for now.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:11, the label "libertarian" is adopted by whites who don't want government telling them who they can't hate or HOW they can't express their hate. They don't want to be taxed for the benefit of anyone they hate, and they reflexively hate everyone that receives sustenance from taxes.

They claim they love unfettered freedoms... but what they really love is hate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home