Sunday, November 04, 2012

Flash Mob Targets GOP Rep. McKeon For "NRAcism"

>




Ticked off anti-gun activists targeted GOP House Armed Services Committee chair Howard "Buck" McKeon this weekend with a multi-front attack on his longtime support of the National Rifle Association (NRA). The activists took to the Web, the highways, and McKeon's campaign phone bank to express their concern.

As you may know, NRA board member Ted Nugent has a long history of inflammatory comments that have offended African-Americans, women, Latinos, immigrants and more. Other NRA board members have also made discriminatory comments, though Nugent is in a class of his own. To protest those comments, and to protest members of Congress who turn a blind eye by continuing to accept NRA money, the activists coined a new term, "NRAcist." According to the site, designed to look like a dictionary definition, an NRAcist is:
1. A member of the board of directors of the National Rifle Association (NRA), such as Ted Nugent, who believes that racist, sexist and anti-immigrant language is acceptable in public discourse; or
2. A member of Congress, such as Buck McKeon, who accepts donations from the NRA and fails to denounce its board members' racist, sexist and anti-immigrant comments.

The web site gives some examples of Ted Nugent's "NRAcism" including his comment that "I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been best had the South won the Civil War." His calling Hillary Clinton the c-word. And his suggestion that undocumented immigrants are "invading our country…. I'd like to shoot them dead."   

The activists also took to the local highways in McKeon's district, putting up "NRAcist" signs along the route where thousands of commuters are guaranteed to see them.






The third prong of the direction action was a song-and-dance flash mob at a phone bank for McKeon taking place at the local GOP party headquarters in Santa Clarita, California. They've got a video, posted up top, of the action that pretty much speaks for itself.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Miguel said...

6 people is a mob? LOL

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous ericmt said...

Today I went door-knocking for Romney for 3 hours, and you guys...sang a song. Keep up the good work!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Sean D Sorrentino said...

Ha ha ha. You spent hours prepping a lame song (nice harmony and rhythm though) while I spent the weekend learning to be an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor.

I'm going to teach hundreds of people to shoot. You're just going to make a spectacle of yourselves.

It's not hard to see who wins that one.

By the way. Our NRA Basic Pistol Instructor class had 16 new instructors in it. We had more paying participants that you had in your whole "flash mob."

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it that Ted Nugent made remarks about all of these minorities? I've never heard him say anything about a person's color. Just his character and his citizenship.
Since he's an AMERICAN, I don't see how this is a bad thing that he advocates that AMERICANS own firearms.
BTW, I'm an old 11b (infantry) and I fully support Ted Nugent.
I also shoot quite often. :) it's my passion, you see.
yours is singing.
good for you.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger JoeMessina said...

Joe Messina, You bunch of cowards... NRA racists? Really How?, and You are geographically challenged You missed McKeon's HQ by 5 miles... This was the Generic Republican HQ where we we calling for all Republicans. Ill tell you what, I have a daily Radio Show, You are welcome to call in and explain to me and my listeners Exactly how the NRA or being affiliated with the NRA make us racists and How your well organizes machine missed the mark.. Again I say COWARDS! as most of you hard core lefties are! DOWN WITH IDIOTS! will be MY new web site, The Show info "The Real Side" every day 2-3pm West coast 855-732-5563.. Be my guest! Please...

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Joel said...

Your name is downwithtyrrany and yet you don't support the freedom to have guns?
The fool notices the gun in the opressor's hand, but the wise notice the oppressed without them.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean, I can only hope one of your students children don't actually shoot themselves or one of their friends as thousands of others have. Ha Ha big laugh uh Sean.

I bet you think you are a big man with your guns. You could hang with the mafia. Do you sleep with them?

I love my guns. They are so juvenile.

As for ericmt you wasted all your time as Romnie will lose. He's so far gone I can't remember how to spell his name.

Gun lovers come out of the woodwork, they are all such babies. Oh please don't take my gun away. I love my gun.







 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Mr. Glock holds 16.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Mob? Morons maybe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home