Thursday, August 18, 2011

What, One, Man, Calls, Poetry, I, Call, Retaliation

>


By Noah

I make it a point to answer back when it comes to the pleas for money from people who have repeatedly demonstrated that they care a whole more about my money than they care about either me or those who live in circumstances similar to mine. One such target of my contempt is the DSCC. They are one of my regulars! Sometimes, I just click reply and do a little bit of verbal shin-kicking. Sometimes, I do a little Internet stalking or tracking and send a little email packet of vitriol directly to their office. A couple of times, I have even gotten a lame-o response. A good cell phone plan can come in handy for this sort of thing, too! Yeah, some might call me immature, but I've made it to senior citizen status so what the hell. I've earned the right and it makes me feel better. It's my version of Primal Scream Therapy and all it costs me is time. If I even have to borrow from my personal sleep bank, I don't care. I'll have better dreams; having let off some steam... and I have a lot of steam!

This morning's email brought another feel good email from the DSCC. If I drank coffee, you might not be getting this post. That's just another reason not to drink coffee. I enjoy being in touch with my true nature. This email made the mistake of asking me to enter a contest. I love contests! It asked me to come up with some words for the glorious DSCC Poetry Magnet Contest. Count me IN! The email even stated that my "words could appear on refrigerators across America!" Funny how this message from the DSCC failed to mention that, because of the actions of both Republicans and their Blue Dog/ConservaDem brethren, people have less and less to put in their refrigerators. Some people don't even have enough money to pay the electric bill to run the fridge, but I wouldn't be so bold as to expect the battalions of well-dressed asswipes in Washington to know that, or to even give a damn now, would I?

So, here's my list of words. I had other words, but I decided not to use them. At this point, I think some of these chimps know that other, more expletive words are hiding right behind the words in my list. They may never honestly feel my pain but perhaps they can feel a tiny bit of my anger and that's the point of the exercise. I invite all of you readers to follow my fine example and use the DSCC's contest to let off a little steam of your own. Don't worry about using all of it. I have a feeling that it's easily replenished. 

The list: BOTH, PARTIES, SELLING, OUT, THE, MIDDLE, CLASS, HOW, STUPID, DO, YOU, THINK, WE, ARE, DEBT, DEAL, IS, A, SURGE, IN, THE, WAR, AGAINST, THOSE, WHO, AIN'T, RICH, I, WILL, VOTE, GREEN, OR, LEAVE, MY, BALLOT, BLANK, BEFORE, VOTING, FOR, REPUBLICANS, OR BLUE, DOGS, MORONS, YOUR, LIMO, AND, SUIT, TARGETS, FOR, EGGS    

Postscript... Poetry In Motion

Did you know "race car" spelled backwards spells "race car"?

That "eat" is the only word that if you take the first letter and move it to the last, spells its own past tense, "ate"?

And if you rearrange the letters in "Tea Party Republicans" and add a few more letters, it spells: Shut the FUCK UP you free-loading, progress-blocking, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, violent hypocrites, and deal with the fact that you nearly wrecked the country under the Bu$h/Cheney cabal and that our current PRESIDENT IS BLACK.

REMEMBER: Gaining peace of mind demands giving piece of mind!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Lee said...

Noah,

I love reading your posts :)

2 things.
You and I know that the DSCC stands in the way of electing anyon remotely Progressive. But how many of "us" are their? Would it make any difference if a bunch of "us" did what you did?

Speaking of the DSCC, Chris Van Hollein(sp?) is a graduate of my daughter's college and recently I happened upon him there and gave him a piece of my mind.

made me feel better

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Noah said...

Hi Lee,
Thanks for your comments. I don't know that doing what I did and what I suggest will make much of a difference. It's kinda like talking to a dog or cat. They're gonna just look at you blankly and eventually walk away unless you have a biscuit, a treat, or a pat on the head for them. BUT- Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's about one conversion at a time; like when I write to a Senator. I know that that Senator is never going to see my letter or even care to, BUT, if I can get one person in that Senator's office full of dedicated butt-smoochers to actually start thinking about an issue for the first time in their lives, then progress has been made. Hell, maybe they'll even repeat what I said to their co-workers. Rebellions have been fomented with less. It's about planting the seed! So, go ahead and make an attempt to shatter some delusions. Until we do that, their approach to us will continue to be along the lines of "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger John said...

refrigerator, has, been, repossessed, do, not, send, magnet, prize, no, mail, delivered, to, large, cardboard, box, besides, this, new, home, is, non-ferrous, material


John, Puma

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Noah said...

John,
Very good! I hope you have sent it in to the DSCC. The DSCC is begging for our abuse, and, we must deliver! Derision for all conservatives!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger John said...

Thanks, Noah.

Clearly the DSCC deserves much more harassment but I can't figure out how to do so without giving them my email address. I have made conscious effort to keep off the email lists of the likes of the DSCC, DLC and DNC.

I tend imbibe coffee, among other things, while viewing the "action" on the internet. If a picture of Ben Nelson popped onto my screen, unannounced, I fear circuit-destroying liquid would be violently expelled into the electronics.

But do not fear, I do more than my fair share of "appropriate" harassment.

I share your righteously steamed-up, sleep-deprived, immature, senior citizen status.

Looking forward to your next post.

John Puma

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Poetry of the Day said...

this is a very good read. thanks for sharing.
Have you ever read Longing by Mathew Arnold?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home