Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DWT Caption Contest Report: When we last left Newtie and Michele . . .

>


by Noah

When last we left Newtie, he appeared to be looking at Michele “I’m bad. I’m Certified & Palin Says I’m Qualified” Bachmann in a Weineristic kinda way. To be more specific, we asked our readers for a suitable caption to go with Newtie’s leering during last Monday’s Debate of the Clowns in New Hampshire.

My personal favorite, roll the drums please, came from reader me.

“Hey, she’s really quite sane.”

Five small words. Much depth of meaning -- me managed to say something about both miscreant clowns in those five words. Irony is such a fine literary device. The picture and me’s caption would make a very nice billboard along the highway. Some drivers would get it. Republicans would say, “Yes, Newt is quite right, again,” while they drove along listening intently to every word of spew coming out of their car radios as the likes of Michael Savage broadcast from remote locations deep, very deep inside the hidden insane asylums across our great land.

Well done, me!
#

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like "Christ, what an asshole."

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said; "It was this big". He lied.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger KenInNY said...

Speaking only for myself, I would say:

Anon No. 1: Interesting point. I hadn't thought to try applying the New Yorker "universal caption" candidates, but "Christ, what an asshole" does work, doesn't it?

Anon No. 2: That's the line I was thinking along!

Cheers,
Ken

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous me said...

Gee, thanks!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger KenInNY said...

You knocked that one out of the park, me!

Cheers,
Ken

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous me said...

say something about both miscreant clowns

I'm just happy that someone else got it. Not everyone did, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home