Friday, April 15, 2011

Why I Want A Rematch With Mike Rogers In 2012

>

Lance with US Senator Debbie Stabenow

- by Lance Enderle

I have been asked and the answer is Yes, I am running for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012. Some people have asked me why I would want to challenge a 6 term incumbent again. The answer is simple; Mike does not represent me or the people of Michigan and Democracy must prevail!

When I look at Mike Rogers, I see everything that is wrong with our political system. I see a career politician who has sold his votes to the highest bidder. Just look at his list of campaign contributors over the years (opensecrets.org/) matched up with his voting record (votesmart.org/). If you look at this information you will find, especially recently, that Mike’s votes are not in the best interest of the American people unless these American people are corporations. Recently, Mike voted YES on these issues:

• Prohibit funds for Planned Parenthood

• Prohibit funding for National Public Radio

• Energy Tax Prevention Act, which allows for greater pollution and deregulation

• Federal Aviation Administration Act

• Termination of Neighborhood Stabilization Act

• Terminating Emergency Mortgage Relief Program

• Terminating the Federal Housing Administration Refinance Program

• Abolish Federal Financing of Presidential Elections

• Extending the Patriot Act

These Yes votes by Mike show that he is out of touch with the people and the economic conditions within this great country of ours.

Mike has also cast a few no votes since the 2010 election, such as:

• FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

• Continuing appropriations

• Mine Safety Act

• Extension of certain unemployment benefits

• Small Business lending fund and tax law amendments

• Tax Law Amendments (No vote cast)

• Campaign finance disclosure requirements

• Repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

• DREAM ACT

• Health care reconciliation Act

• Offshore Drilling Regulations and Other Energy Law Amendments (NV cast, did not vote)

• Whistleblower Protection" for Offshore Oil Workers (NV cast, did not vote)

• Ending Moratorium on Deepwater Drilling Rigs that Meet Certain Safety Standards (NV cast, did not vote)

When you look Rep. Rogers voting record since the 2010 election; one has to ask, who does Mike Rogers represent? I know as a Progressive I find it appalling to see the blatant disregard for the citizens of Michigan and the United States.

When I listen to Mike Rogers, I hear a person who will wrap themselves in the American Flag to suit his agenda, but when it comes down to it, he will cut and run from those who he is supposed to protect. Just look at his vote against providing funding for those brave men and woman who are known as the 911 First Responders. Not to mention all of the cuts he has supported to the Veterans Administration and to our military as a whole.

Mike Rogers has also made reducing our volunteer military troop levels and replacing them with private military contractors a top priority. Why is this? Could it be because Eric Prince is a close personal friend of his? Eric Prince is the CEO of Blackwater. Recently, Prince changed the name of Blackwater to Xi as a result of the negative attention and numerous accusations of alleged war crimes against his corporation. This has allowed Blackwater/Xi to maintain old and acquire new military contracts. Most people are not aware that Eric Prince hails from Michigan, and is a member of one of the richest families in this state, who have given millions to the elitist conservative agenda. Mike has taken many trips to the Middle East on the Blackwater dime; did these trips ensure that Blackwater received military contracts? We do not know for certain, but the duck sure quacks.

Did I mention that Eric’s brother in-law is Dick DeVos, the heir to the Amway fortune? If you do not know what Amway is, it is America’s longest lasting pyramid scheme. Why do I bring these relationships up? It is because Eric Prince and Dick DeVos are the type of people who fund and support Mike Rogers, and benefit from his policies.

On the other hand, Mike has voted against funding for police, firefighters and teachers. Who is Mike Rogers concerned with protecting?

Another issue I find unsettling about Mike Rogers, especially considering his position as chairman of the Select Intelligence Committee, is his lack of knowledge and understanding of American History. How is it possible that Rep. Rogers has never heard of Daniel Ellsberg or the Pentagon papers? Just look at this video. It was during this interview that Mike shockingly called for the execution of Pfc. Bradley Manning, who at that point had not been charged in the Wiki-leaks case. Not only do his statements about Manning and Ellsberg show his lack of historical knowledge and ignorance of the law, they also clearly illustrate his blatant hypocrisy. First as a “Right to Life” endorsed politician, and as a Christian which he claims to be. Mike, what about the sanctity of life? More importantly, where is the forgiveness which the New Testament demands?

As I reflect on my decision to again run against Mike Rogers, the only word that comes to mind is Democracy! I am tired of being sold out to corporate special interests and not having a voice within my Government. I am motivated by what is right and fair, and what is in the best interest of ALL citizens. I am running because I desire a leader, not a follower; I want a leader who comes from the people, not above the people. I want to be able to insure that the silent majority has a voice, a voice which has been stifled for way too long by Corporate America and an extreme Rightwing agenda. In 2010 I began my campaign as an unknown write-in candidate and became the Democratic nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives. I did not receive the nomination because of money; it was because of the hard work and commitment that I put forth for the people when it was needed. At that time, I made a commitment to the people of Michigan’s 8th Congressional District. The commitment I made was to never quit on them, to always be there for them, and too stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. This is why I want a rematch with Mike Rogers. I am committing to this race now, even though the district will be redrawn due to the Census figures. The boundaries of the 8th Congressional District may change a little, but the people who live within these counties and the problems they currently face will remain the same.

So here I am, making this commitment to you the citizens of Michigan, and the United States of America. I promise to stand up for those who cannot, to speak for those who are being silenced, to fight injustice and intolerance, to fight for a Single Payer Health Care System, to insure our public education system and public infrastructure are there for future generations, to fight for civil and human rights, and more importantly protect and guarantee that opportunity to achieve the American Dream for ALL citizens.

If you would like to get involved in defeating Mike Rogers and giving Congress a real voice of the People, please contact us at www.lanceenderleforcongress.com or www.Lance2012.com/

-----------

You can help get Lance's campaign going at the DownWithTyranny endorsement page.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second link to Lance2012 goes nowhere.

2laneIA

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enter it as: http://lance2012.com

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow where did your victim mentality come from, you have two good feet to stand on stop the crying and do somthing constructive. Obviously running for congress didn't work. Looks like organizing is all a progressives are good at. Oops and spending tax dollars that kill Bussiness growth! Wonder why there are no jobs? Try looking at what states are doing that have the largest growth! Hmmm more jobs = more tax base. Got to love to see that in your eyes there lance. $$$$. Have you attention now?

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have you (sic) attention now?"

You don't have my attention, but I do have to laugh at how strenuously you compartmentalized bizarro-brainiac rightwingers avoid evidence and factuality like the plague. I think you wear your selfish, shortsighted, and otherwise infantile ideology (of The Terrible Twos Party) like a superstitious talisman to ward off reality. It only works when normal people aren't paying close enough attention to what's going on, however. That is when your fellow ideologic tribeschildren throw your loudest bullying tantrums and proclaim your ignorance the loudest, such as in your fact-less and feckless comment. Hey, have you heard of Texas, as ideologically tilted as it gets, which is $3 billion in the hole because of its superstitious fear of appropriate taxation? Now that's a success story you can believe in, right? Hmmm, more jobs = what again? The Texas Miracle of rapidly worsening living conditions, failing to educate the future workforce, deteriorating personal and environmental health, and the quicksand of impoverishment? Watch out, Mississippi and Arkansas: Here comes Texas! Yeehaw ha ha! Next stop, feudalism, otherwise known as Libertarian Paradise.

- L.P.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Past experience: He who never makes mistakes never did anything that's worthy."

I sit at dinner and pull open a fortune cookie to only read a great and fitting as most cookies like this have in them "phrase" to my not so smart phone correcting my fat fingers post above. Your –not- (yout) which auto corrected itself to you; but you didn’t have that information and jumped to the equivocal answer you wanted Lance which is a right winged nut. Well wrong again, I am just a depressed Michigander (Yooper to be precise) that has had enough of this state being taxed into the ground driving business away. I know your schooling has tainted you as it tried to do to me. The change for me was I refuse to be lead to the slaughter as our state and nation is being led by the administration and our states dems and past governor Granholm (Hillary wana be) had done for years. I knew it was wrong in my heart, and you do too. I was grounded by a good family to understand we get what we work for. I owe only one segment of society anything and that’s our military. Anyone who knowing (God Bless them) goes into the military with the understanding we are here to die for freedom that is Our true hero in this country.

We will reap what has been sown and trust me we won’t like it but you continue that this is the path. At what point do we look up and see all the hurt around and start to create a better environment for us to succeed in, instead of creating a victim mentality generation that we have become. Someone owes you something, and covetous attitude. You are so hurt Lance I see it, I know why but that is no reason for reparation to bring hurt to everyone else and level your life with everyone. If one must hurt so we all must type beliefs. I believe that I should be looking for that person and through local churches and community assist and help those who want to be. And for those who don’t can obviously not be (coming from addicted family like yours well I am from the same family as yours to be 100% truthful and honest) that an addict will never be helped unless they hit bottom and then only then will they look up from their knees and ask for help. Once they do you’re not giving a drunk a drink you are hopefully giving them a boost over that fence or a step stool to reach the shelf. The finish is theirs to achieve we just provided the deficiency to get them to the action. You want to provide a hand out Lance in all that you profess. Being a teacher in a union you are part of the problem not the answer.

"avoid evidence and factuality like the plague"
Wow what have I avoided like you did the question; I seek the truth where I can find it. Unlike most people I will look at as much of both sides in the debate as possible to try to make an intelligent decision and as for that republican progressive empty suit political hack Rick Perry or George Bush for that matter they are just as progressive as most of you leftist. Sad how both parties have gone stupid, you cannot show me anywhere in the Tea Party where they are looking at what it is that the Government is supposed to provide per the Constitution which gives limited power of government and protects freedom from tyranny.
HOW PROFOUND WE ALREADY HAVE A DOCUMENT TO PROTECT US FROM TYRANNY!
If it does not meet the litmus test of the constitution it needs to be seriously revaluated. Period. They yell about cut cut cut! And do it now! Sad that 80% of the hard working pay for the 10% that does not want to work(not including the 14% of the unemployed that are looking/not looking anymore there is a reason for this and you are it). Tell me where the fairness in that is Lance, sit on your back side and collect we will get you more. Trust me Lance says. We have a good thing going here!

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if local government wants to pick up where the constitution leaves off that’s your vote my friend however understand the more you restrict/tax/unionize/redistribute the less they will come. Eventually after they all drink the cool aid kiddo there will be no one left to sell your rhetoric, race laced, vitriol hatred to. Look at our great state, Detroit once 3rd largest city only has a population increase of what a 100k over 10 years? Sad, now you wonder why it is that the unions are fading and failing because there are no more hosts for you to latch onto. And those left all have their hand out. Unions had their use and no longer are needed. I had my try at union status and all it did for me was limit my ability to achieve anything great. Keep me "standard" never to grow, stand in line and shut up and take it. That’s all the union is good for, keep those at the top safe from the person who wants to work hard and truly progress and excel. Unless you fit the political template you can forget that. The union that was to keep me safe only kept a retiree in a contracting position only to do away with my temp to hire status. Grievance filed and DENIED! Nice! That’s a union working for you, no they want your money and they will feed it to you the political machine with the manual to dodge the pointed question. Now for your dodged question I asked….. Why are you such a victim? Answer that for me please. I bet you if you do and can be honest about it people might start to believe there is life in a want to be politician. As of right now I can assure you we have lost faith in all of you.

"You don't have my attention, "
Not I Lance the money of course. I think if you ask anyone in Michigan what it is they want it would be to get back to work but you take page 14 out of the standard progressives guide to doge the question. (identify an attack point and *sic* it.) Well played progressive well played. I need one of those so I can be as well coached as you. Almost see Mrs. Stabenow's hand up the back of your shirt typing the replies for you. You do have a coherent thought for yourself right? I am sure I can almost write your reply to this post. But I digress, when even your family won’t stand with you who will….Right?


As Grandmother said "its ok to make mistakes, just make new ones." Great lady don’t you think Lance?

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as I thought. Anonymous Lance-basher is immature, monomaniacal, and obsessive. Only HE/SHE knows the value of The Constitution. Typical self-righteous slug mentality. Offense intended.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean 2014?
The House of Representatives is supposed to represent the average citizen. Mike Rogers is hardly that.
One only has to look at Christie's minions to see where we, the average citizen, stand in the eyes of politicians. It is time for one of us to represent us.
Name calling and downgrading opinions should not be confused with intelligence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home