Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fund-Raising Tonight: The funniest damned fund-raising video I've ever seen

>


Yes, it's those baking fools from WNYC!

by Ken

Oh man, I love this video! WNYC, in case you don't know, is our local public radio station here in NYC, and that means they're in more or less perpetual begging mode. What's great about this video, apart from its being hilarious, is that most of us listeners have never seen any of these people, not even luminaries like Leonard Lopate and Brian Lehrer. Heck, until now I didn't even know how to spell "Soterios." (I hear Soterios Johnson every morning doing local inserts on Morning Edition.)

By the sheerest stroke of good luck, I just this week did my membership renewal. (Phew!) I may actually be inspired to kick in a little extra now, in accord with the video's message:

"Pledge $20 now to keep WNYC on the air and out of the kitchen."

If you're inspired, bake-sale-themed contributions are being accepted here:

https://www.wnyc.org/epledge/wnycbakesale
#

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Balakirev said...

I have never seen a public station go through so many changes of philosophy and management as WNYC. I can remember them in their somnolent, let-records-tick-15-minutes-after-they-finish phase; their news-and-public-affairs-only phase; their avant garde music phase; and their NPR Rulez phase. Since moving out of the metro area I've completely stopped listening, though for old times' sake I've tuned in more than once to WQXR.

What are they doing these days on radio?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home