Friday, November 07, 2008

Darcy Didn't Win... The Election

>


I was terribly sad this evening to get a note from Darcy Burner telling me she was acknowledging that Reichert had won re-election. Darcy has been a unique candidate and would have made an exceptional congressmember. So many excellent progressives won, many with her help. I started stewing thinking about Frank Kratovils and Bobby Brights and Ann Kirkpatricks and I stopped myself. I remember watching how seamlessly Darcy interacted with these people and I remember thinking how she would bring them along to progressive positions through the power of her intellect and charm. Right now even the Blue Dogs and reactionaries deserve a moment of congratulations. Next time we'll have to fight better and fight harder. Now I just have to fight the terrible sadness. This helped:

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great video. It does make me laugh. I think in the coming weeks, the remaking of the remainder of the GOP around Sarah Palin will be some serious food for thought, not for us but for any thinking Republicans there might be out there.

It boggles the mind.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very sad to see Darcy lose this. One of the handful I had hoped for real change, another being the defeat of Shadegg.
Maybe next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home