Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BONNIE RAITT AND JACKSON BROWNE CONCERT FOR JOHN EDWARDS IN IOWA?

>


A few years ago I introduced Howard Dean to the Flying Other Brothers and they schlepped around in the Iowa snow playing concerts at 8 Dean rallies. As it turned out in those caucuses, the Republicans got their way and Insider Democrats got their man (an overly cautious Insider who forgot how to fight back at least a decade before)-- and American and the world wound up with four more years of you know what.

Almost everyone I know is planning on voting for John Edwards in the Democratic primary, myself included. But almost everyone I know is also resigned to Hillary winning both the Democratic nomination and the presidency. John Edwards isn't-- and "almost" includes neither Bonnie Raitt nor Jackson Browne, two tireless campaigners for progressive values and the American way. A few weeks ago Jackson did a concert on behalf of Rep. John Hall. Today we've learned that Jackson, Bonnie and perhaps another well-known actvist/singer will be doing a big concert in Iowa for Edwards' campaign.

Yes, that's Jackson (along with Bryan Adams, Bruce Hornsby and Kim Wilson) backing her up doing my favorite Bonnie Raitt song:

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Howie,

Real glad to see this, as Bonnie's been among my faves for many years. But of course, you know that Angel from Montgomery is not actually a Bonnie Raitt song, but is one of John Prine's many classics. I've seen Bonnie do it live several times and it's just amazing.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that takes me back to the many many times I've been in the audience and watching Bonnie weave her magic.

Howie, I think we need a "Road Trip!"

Thanks for that - so good.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger edgery said...

Excellent! Raitt and Browne are very involved in the no-nuclear-energy effort. So if they're heading to Iowa for Edwards, it's a very good sign. Thanks for the tip.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've got a protest song for you on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDiCTnlwBHE

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home