Sunday, February 04, 2007

THE IRAN BUSH WANTS TO BRUTALIZE AND DESTROY IS MORE THAN JUST MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD-- JUST LIKE OUR COUNTRY IS MORE THAN JUST BUSH

>


George Bush is more than just the worst president in the history of my nation and more than just a disgrace to its honor. He's also a criminal of immense proportions, as guilty of crimes against humanity as any hideous tyrant who disregards "the little people" to further his own ends. If a genie granted me 3 wishes one would surely involve that severe justice be meted out to Bush and all his collaborators. That said-- and even when you consider that almost half the voters in America may have elected him and that none of us tried to overthrow him, even in light of his psychosis-- I surely would not like to see the U.S. pay for his crimes with violence directed towards us-- not even towards Texas or Utah or Idaho. (Actually most Texans disapprove of Bush's job performance. The last SUSA poll that asked about Bush's job performance was in November, well before his disastrously-received escalation plan was announced to an incredulous public. At the time, his national job approval rating was a dismal 36%. Even then there were only two states where Bush rated over 50%-- Utah and Idaho. Wyoming had already slipped to a 49% approval.)

Why bring this up? Bush is hell-bent to attack Iran before he leaves office. Many say operations have already commenced, with the Bush Regime constantly trying to provoke Iran into doing something that Bush could justify responding to. But as my friend Kevin reminded me this afternoon, Iran is more than just Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a character every bit as toxic as Bush and Saddam. Iraq didn't deserve the mass murder Bush sent their way to get at Saddam. The U.S.A. doesn't deserve that for what Bush has been guilty of. Nor does Iran... for whatever the Bush Regime has cooked up to accuse them of.


In my footloose youth I spent a lot of time in Iran, a large and beautiful and diverse country, with wonderful, friendly, generous people. (I'm sure they have horrible people too; most countries do... but I only met the hospitable ones.) I was there twice-- in 1969 and in 1971. I never stayed in a hotel either time. I always met people who took me in and fed me and treated me as a guest. I drove from the Turkish border (west of Tabriz) to the Afghan border (east of Mashad) and I had a really great time. It scares me to look at the depictions of what Bush has done in Iraq and know he plans the same treatment for Iran. And it scares me not merely because I know that Iran is not going to be a punching bag for Bush but will strike back, but because, as Kevin said, "there's more to Iran than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad."

I'd like to urge you to watch this short music video that shows you what Iran is really about-- not the Iran of Bush, Cheney and Ahmadinejad, but the Iran of the people very much like you and me and our families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home