Wednesday, December 13, 2006

THE READERS' POST for Wednesday, Dec. 13--your chance to share what's on your mind

>

Hey, I thought we got off to a GREAT start with yesterday's READERS' POST. As of a little after midnight PT, we had two FABULOUS suggestions:


IMPEACHMENT

According to Pelosi and Reid "impeachment is off the table." I beg to differ: impeachment is a constitutional process and you do not arbitrarily discard, bush-like, the Constitution.

With all the sleaze, corruption and ordure seeping from the seams of secrecy it all begs to be exposed to the light of day, not tamped down, like a porta-potty at a chili festival waiting to erupt, geyser-like, up our innocent backsides.

OK, how do we pry open the lid?

Shirt



AL GORE

Not sure if you've discussed this lately, but I am interested in the "campaign" that Gore has been running for the Oscar/Presidency. I like Gore and so far he is my choice, even though he has the ring of the past and I am tired of running southerners.

Nevertheless, I still feel like he had gravitas. After all, he WAS elected president and
• he was right about the Internet,
• he was right about the war - he's right about our constitutional crisis
• and lord knows he's right about the environment.

And he is like the energizer bunny in that he never ever gives up, he just keeps promoting his issues on and on and on. (In my heart I'll always love Howard Dean, but my brain says marry Gore.) But I like the wild man Gore, not the sane moderate one.



Wow! I'll keep an eye out for news on both fronts, and readers are welcome to join in--as well as proposing topics of your own. Don't worry if you don't know whether we've discussed the subject recently. If so, we'll dig out the references, and meanwhile you've put it out for new discussion.

Just to recap what I proposed yesterday, the idea is--

to give you readers a chance to get your two cents' worth in on subjects that aren't covered by new posts here. Let's try this. If you've got something on your mind that we're not talking about, or haven't talked about in a while, jump in, and let's see what happens. It may get a little confusing if we have a bunch of subjects going, so if you're commenting on someone else's comment, make sure we know which.

If there's anything that demands the attention of the full crowd, we can pull it out for a thread of its own. By the same token, I reserve the right to delete any post that seems inappropriate to me--though I'll be happy to explain why.

And if nobody has anything on their mind, that's okay too. I know the feeling.
--Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home