Saturday, November 11, 2006

DUNCAN PREDICTED DEM WIN

>

-by Mags

Monday, I did what all sane people do, I threw away all of the predictions of the television news networks, the cable news networks, and yes, I even threw out the predictions in the blogosphere. I hate to admit it, but I went metaphysical in a weak moment.

Borrowing a page from others on the internet, I took Friday Cat Blogging one step further. I reasoned that the noble feline might just know that secrets of the universe, maybe the Egyptians were onto something.

I know you will find this impossible to believe, but I swear to you it is all true. Being the owner of a rare and magnificent cat named Duncan-- no relation to the famous blogger with the same name-- I decided to leap into the world of kitty prognostication. I looked my golden tabby straight in the eye and asked, "Ok, Dunkers (I know this is no way to address a psychic, but bear with me) are we going to win today? Are we going to take our country back or not?"

Clearly the stressors of a George Bush presidency and Republican rule had run their course. I was breaking new ground here. Out of the desperation of the last 5 years, I had clearly lost it. Our pets are sympathetic creatures, at least I like to think so. And, Duncan has been a true blue and stalwart friend, even if it is mostly to get his nose warmed and his chin scratched. Being the gentleman that he is, he did not bat an eyelash at this incredible outburst. If he was laughing on the inside, he did not let on.

Then again, he did not answer right away. So I rummaged through the closet to find my Ouija Board. "There you go Dunc," I said, placing the board on the floor within easy reach. But, no dice. He just stared at it, then at me. Same happened when I asked him to pick a card from the Tarot deck. Nothing doing.

At this point I knew logically that it was no use shaking him. Even though we know eyes are the window to the soul, there was no chance that little predictions would be popping up into his eyes. He was not the magic eight ball. Still, I knew if anyone could predict the election outcomes, it was Duncan. But, how?

I wandered away knowing I had crossed some line, but unable to help myself. The last several weeks of insane news and pre-election punditry had done their damage.

Now, I know it is easy to poke fun at the folks who believe they see the image of the Madonna on the support column in the freeway overpass. And, I know that no one reading this blog would have bought that grilled cheese with Jesus's face in it. Granted most of you would find it preposterous to accept any of these sitings as a miracle of the divine. I am right there with you. I would roll my eyes just like the rest of you and mutter some uncomplimentary epitaphs beneath my breath. And, I know your first impulse will be to question. But, come on, you folks know me. So I want to say right up front that the evidence of Duncan's uncanny ability took me by surprise. I mean, who ever heard of a cat predicting anything?

But, I swear to you, he did. The start of election tallies on cable news and Dunc's feeding time coincided. As I moved to his feeding dish with one eye on Keith Olbermann and one eye looking down at the feeding mat, I saw it!!!! I swear to you nothing was moved or touched for the photo you are about to see. I am willing to take a lie detector. I am willing to sign an affadavit. This is the God's truth. I looked downand there it was, the answer I had been waiting for. I had to smile. We were in for a good night.



Duncan likes to put his food in his water dish. I had never thought of it as a form of communication, but there it is as clear as day. His way of saying, " We are gonna kick ass and take names."

The only question I have now is... how much do you think I can rent him out for in 2008?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home