Friday, May 19, 2006

AMERICAN VALUES= PROGRESSIVE VALUES

>


A few days ago I was driving down the street listening to Air America when I heard Rachel Maddow explaining about American values. Ken is always referring to how great she is but because she's on from 3-6AM here, I never hear her. This bit was absolutely stunning. And since it turned out to be a People For the American Way spot, I called my friend Josh there and asked for a copy. He even made me a link so all DWT readers can hear it. Please give it a listen and think about what she's saying and how it relates to why you're proud to be an American and a progressive.

The following week I was walking down the street telling two other friends how excited I was about the spot-- I hope you've listened to it by now so you know what I'm talking about-- and then: BOOM, one of the women says "Thank you; I wrote that spot." I always suspected Laurie Boeder was pretty brilliant but she sure nailed this perfectly.

It made me start poking around the People For the American Way website (blogrolled on the right) and I found something new and wonderful and fun: WikiThePresidency: everything you ever wanted to know about the Bush presidency and were afraid to face... and it grows and enriches itself daily... hourly!

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Howie Klein for being such a good friend to democracy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home