Sunday, January 15, 2006

REMEMBER TIM KAINE RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA? WASN'T HE SUPPOSED TO BE A DEMOCRAT?

>


I never had the misfortune of having to live in any of the bigoted accursed regions of the country that make up that cesspool of treason, hypocrasy  and incest that was formerly the Confederate States of America. Why oh why didn't we let them slink off when they wanted to? Think how much better off the United States would be now if we weren't burdened with these aggressively, backward FREELOADERS whose overwhleming and unified reactionary insticts have so impacted our national psyche!

Like many people on the blogsosphere I was rooting for Tim Kaine when he ran for governor of Virginia a couple months ago and, like some, I even wrote a check to his campaign. (Looks like the lesson I swore I would learn after I sent Zell Miller's campaign a check never really took root, did it?) So anyway, I was rejoicing when Kaine beat the fascist-scumbag-piece-of-shit-Republican-asshole just like all patriotic Americans who were aware of the race were. But yesterday was the first I've heard of the Governor-elect since the election. His office announced that he would be signing a bill calling for an unamended referendum to approve a constitutional amendment banning equal marriage rights for gay and lesbian citizens of Virginia.

Why do Republicans even bother to waste money running when they have Democrats who will carry out their will for them anyway?


9 AM UPDATE: IS FLORIDA NEXT?

One of the most dedicated and savvy progressives I know, Jim, lives down in that treasonous cesspool-- and is always giving his all for cleaning it up-- and this morning he sent me an editorial from a local paper in Palm Beach, Florida (which is represented by a demented, ambitious, right-wing, closeted homosexual Republikook with a penchant for young men in uniform, Mark Foley). The opinion piece Jim sent me by Frank Cerabino pokes fun at the idiocy of the the religionist loons in Florida who are demanding the same kind of Consititutional Amendment to stigmatize gay citizens that Kaine is supporting in ole Virginny. "What kind of Red state are we, anyway? We have important issues to obfuscate. You'd think a key state such as Florida would have had its scapegoating act in line a little sooner, say back in the last presidential election, when 11 other states gay-baited their ballots."

I wonder how many Floridians will take his parody at face value. "Naturally, I've been petrified of the homosexuals, who have been a constant threat to the sanctity of my marriage. Every year, my wife and I toast each other, and say, 'Here's to another year of resisting the gay lifestyle.' It's amazing my heterosexual marriage has lasted in a state with only a law against gay marriage, but not a constitutional ban against it as well. And I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I feel vulnerable and exposed, worried that I'm just a Brokeback Mountain matinee away from being on a parade float in Key West's Fantasy Fest. And I need — no, I demand — help from my state, which is failing to provide the extra layer of protection that the citizens of Georgia, Mississippi and other states can count on to keep them straight. So please, help preserve the sanctity of my marriage, and vote to vilify committed gay relationships in the state constitution. If you don't, the next time you see me, I just might be the guy on the parade float, the one wearing chaps."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home