Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Readymades-- San Francisco: Mostly Alive

>


One of San Francisco's iconic early new wave bands, The Readymades, just put out an 18 song album, recorded in 1978... 30 years late. It's a fascinating time capsule on vinyl-- not available on CD or mp3! The band was never on the little indie label I ran, 415 Records, but I did sort of manage them and they wrote and performed a song for my radio show, The Heretics on some local station, and a song based on the name of my indie label, 415 Records. "415" is the police code for disturbing the peace-- like with loud music. Since none of their music has been available digitally, until now, I thought you might enjoy hearing it. Their MySpace page has much more.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've got some Readymades large posters from '77.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home