Urgent Holiday Gift-- Matching Donation: Biggest 2016 Progressive Bang For Buck
What could be a better holiday gift, to progressives who are giving their all to reverse catastrophic trends in our political system, economy and environment? This isn't some phony-baloney DCCC/DSCC or Marco Rubio offer. One of Blue America's most generous annual contributors over the course of many years is putting $2,000 on the table as a matching fund for one progressive candidate on this page. Here's how he describes the candidate:
"How would you like a Bernie Sanders who is:Blue America endorsed P.G. because of his stands on the issues-- all the issues-- and because his two opponents, Democrat Ted Strickland and Republican Rob Portman, have long conservative, failed voting records that are geared towards establishment special interests, not towards the working families of Ohio. Let's help PG end the year on a high note-- two-thousand dollars from us and two-thousand dollars from our anonymous donor. Here's where you can give PG your contribution and help secure that match for him.
• 40 years younger and running for U.S. Senate of a highly diverse major industrial state,
• creating, every time he educates and turns out a voter, a likely Bernie voter in the pivotal Presidential swing state of Ohio (and, in cross-border media markets in 5 other states, Indiana, Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky and Pennsylvania),
• Uncompromisingly promoting gun-control, against two opponents, one of whom the NRA rated A+ in his last term in office and the other-- the Republican incumbent, who insists that people barred from buying an airline ticket be allowed to buy military caliber assault weapons,
• raised 72% as much money, through the 3rd quarter 2015, as his universally known opponent, who is known mainly for presiding over Ohio’s massive job losses during and after the 2008 crash,
• based in the most Republican region of his state, leaving maximum opportunity to grow positive name recognition in many Democratic regions, expensively but very cost-effectively.
What a boost to my holiday cheer it is to have discovered P.G. Sittenfeld, and how well positioned P.G. is to employ my donations productively and make Ohio and the entire country a better place in the New Year.”