Rafael “Ted” Cruz In his Own Words: It’s Republican World! 2015 In Review-- Chapter Eight
- by Noah
With so much media attention being focused on the grotesque megalomania and downright dementia of current Republican poll leader Herr Donald Trumpf, Rafael “Ted” Cruz of Texas by way of Canada has somewhat flown under the radar. But, that is changing. With “Ted” rapidly ascending the polls in the party’s contest of nutcases running for their presidential nomination, it’s time to take a close look at Cruz.
Harvard educated “Ted” Cruz is not stupid. Do not make that mistake. He has argued cases in front of the Supreme Court. He also has put together a very good ground operation and stands to beat out Trump in Iowa 6 weeks from now. Just so you know, one of the cases he argued before The Supreme Court was a case where he was defending the state of Texas when the state was attempting to renege on a promise to donate money to aid impoverished children.
What better way to begin to get to know “Ted” Cruz than by just reading what the man has to say? If you think Donald Trump is a fascist, wait ‘till you get an understanding of “Ted.” If you love fascism, you’ll love Cruz. He makes Trump look like the child that he is.
The following is a list of Quotes Of Would Be President Cruz. Although my end of the year posts have been, to date, strictly about things that were said or done in 2015, I have included quotes from “Ted” from various recent years because it was 2015 that will go down as the year that America started to be aware of the darkness that lives in his mind. We should all be more aware of him.
Quotations From The Charred Little Soul of “Ted” Cruz:
1. "There is no place for gays or atheists in my America. None. Our Constitution makes that clear."The only Constitution that makes that clear is the one that exists In Republican World.
-“Ted” at Liberty University 3/23/15
2. “If standing for liberty and standing for the Constitution make you a wacko bird, then you can count me a wacko bird.”“Ted” responding to Sen. John McCain calling him a wacko bird.
3. “Companies and small business should absolutely not only have the right to turn away gay customers, they should exercise that right. Universal condemnation may convince these people to stop choosing to be gay.The ol’ Republican “We reserve the right to refuse service to you” meme. Too bad Lester Maddox is dead. He could get a cabinet position in a Cruz administration. Choosing to be gay?
4. “When gays stayed hidden we had no mass shootings; we had no public nudity. Society was polite. Now anything and everything goes and I blame them.”
-“Ted” at CPAC, 2014
5. “The American people want economic growth back. That should be our top priority. Nothing is killing jobs or hurting the American system more than Obamacare. We need to defund it.”Gee, “Ted”, are you sure it isn’t gays that are killing jobs and hurting the American system?
6. “Anyone know if President Obama intends to perform background checks on the Syrian rebels before providing them weapons?”Well, “Ted” there is a way to prevent that. It’s called Gun Control.
7. “We are still a nation of laws. You just have to check with Barack Obama every day to see what they are.”Is “Ted” somehow ashamed of his father’s Cuban heritage? Is that why he goes By “Ted” instead of his given first name?
8. “Obama’s mother’s citizenship is irrelevant since his father wasn’t American and he wasn’t born in America. He can’t be President”
-“Ted” in 2012.
9. “All you need to know about my parentage is my mother was a citizen. My father and place of birth are irrelevant”.
-“Ted” in 2015, 3 years later.
10. “If the slaves were never freed in the Civil War, you have to wonder, where would Obama be today? Certainly not the White House, not in the capacity he’s in. And you have some in America that think that might not be a bad thing.”Well, if you’re gonna put that thought out there, you might as well do it on a white supremacist’s show.
-“Ted” on Hannity 6/16/14
11. “There would be less disease, less cancer and aids and diabetes in this country if people would simply pray. God blesses the righteous with good health and curses the immoral with sickness.Go ahead. Admit it. You thought he was going to blame “the gays” again. I admit I thought he was. That second sentence sure sounds very Muslim extremist of him, doesn’t it?
-“Ted” at CPAC, 2015
12. “The last 24 hours at the United States Supreme Court were among the darkest hours of our nation.”“Ted” on the day after Marriage Equality was okayed by the court. Yep. Marriage Equality right there on the bad list with the day Pearl Harbor was attacked, the day the Civil War began, the days JFK, Lincoln, MLK, RFK, were killed, the days Bush stole the White House, the day the Challenger exploded, the day Katrina hit, 9/11... Ol’ “Ted” has a real sense of perspective.
-“Ted” June, 2015
13. “I would not, could not with a goat.”I’m not so sure. He represents Texas you know.
14. “I’m grateful to receive the endorsement of Troy Newman. He has served as a voice for the unborn for over 25 years, and works tirelessly every day for the pro-life cause. We need leaders like Troy Newman in this country who will stand up for those who do not have a voice.”Troy Newman is also known for calling for the execution of doctors who perform abortions.
-"Ted," Nov., 2015
15. “So to express my opposition to Obamacare, I’m going to read Green Eggs And Ham by Dr. Suess. It’s a book about a stubborn jerk who decides he hates something before he tries it and resists trying it with everything he has in him until he finally does give it a taste and then falls in love with it.”“Ted” as he set out to filibuster the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. Like I always say, Republicans have no sense of irony.
-“Ted” in 2013.
UPDATE: Cruz's Outrageous Statements
As one who desires accuracy in media, I need to point out that, of the above quotes, numbers 1, 3, 4, 8 & 9 (the pair of “citizenship” quotes), and 11 are not real. At least some of them, believable as they are, appear to have their origins not from the mouth of Sen. Cruz but from a satire posted on a Facebook site several months ago.
The context of the outrageous things being said in this election cycle, quotes from others on the far right, and other things Sen. Cruz has himself really said make the dubious quotes all the more plausible. I could have used the following now famous hyperbolic, all to real, Cruz quotes:
"We will utterly destroy ISIS. We will carpet-bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we are going to find out.Or, this one, where Cruz comes up with a nonsensical whopper about Deputy Director of the CIA Michael Morrell:
"Mike Morrell testified and told Congress that the reason Obama has not bombed ISIS’ oil fields is that they’re concerned about global warming."Or, this one:
"Here’s the simple and undeniable fact: The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats."Or, this one where Cruz references the reaction to recently passed "religious liberty" laws in Indiana and Arkansas that are designed to promote discrimination against LGBT people.
"…the jihad that is being waged right now in Indiana and Arkansas, going after people of faith who respect the biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman."The concept of marriage equality really set the righties off this year. Cruz surrogate Sandy Rios, of the American Family Association, predicted divine punishment in the form of worldwide disaster.
In a Republican world where leading Republicans can even blame 9/11 on gays, feminists and People For The American Way, as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson did, it doesn’t take much to believe the number 4 quote in the post. The same can be said for numbers 1, 3, and 11.
Then there’s the context of Cruz being a featured guest, along with Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal, at Pastor Kevin Swanson’s Religious Liberties forum. Among other things, Swanson is known for calling for homosexuals to be rounded up and executed.
The final quote I’d like to mention here because of the context is number 14. This one is real. Ted Cruz said it as he eagerly accepted the endorsement of Troy Newman, the head of Operation Rescue. The actual quote and more can be found at this link. Newman has endorsed the murder of doctors who perform abortions by praising their actions of those who have. Newman, by his own words, has admitted that he was involved in the creation of the infamous "Baby Parts" hoax video.
He says he served as an "advisor" and "consultant" in the making of the clips which went viral, resulting in congressional hearings and the defunding of Planned Parenthood clinics. The clips have even been treated as real by candidate Carly Fiorina in a nationally televised Republican debate.
The "Baby Parts" hoax persists. I regret and apologize about not being more vigilant and passing some hoax Ted Cruz quotes on. We seem to be living in an era where the difference between reality and satire are becoming blurred to a point where the two are indistinguishable. I don’t want to be a part of that blurring. We must all make the case against Sen. Cruz with the truth. The truth is bad enough.