Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Can Do This-- Together! Elizabeth Warren For U.S. Senate

>


Early this morning, while Americans were still grappling with the loss of 2 special elections-- one in a solid Democratic district in Brooklyn and Queens-- progressives got some really great news. If Kate Marshall, the Nevada Blue Dog who inspired absolutely no one in NV-2, and David Weprin, the garden variety Democrat who also inspired no one at all to vote (Democratic turnout in his district was 50% from last year-- which was already drastically down), the news that Elizabeth Warren has officially thrown her hat in the ring was something to given millions of progressives across the country some good cheer. Blue America endorsed her last week and our donors have already kicked in over $12,000. (You can help here.) Elizabeth's announcement:
I'm running!

Today, I am launching my campaign to represent the people of Massachusetts in the United States Senate. After listening to folks all across our state who know that we can do better, people who are frustrated like I am that Washington just doesn't get it, I'm running for the Senate so I can fight every day for Massachusetts families.

I want you to be one of the very first to know about my decision-- so I hope you'll take a minute to watch this short video:




Washington gives some of the biggest corporations in the world special loopholes and tax breaks, while middle-class families and small businesses struggle.

This is wrong. Our hard-working families deserve someone who believes in them, someone who is going to stand up and fight for their interests.

That's why I'm running for the United States Senate.

I've fought all my life for working families, and I've stood up to some pretty powerful interests. Now those interests are sure to line up against our campaign-- and that's why I'm asking you to help me build the grassroots support we need to beat them.

Please share my announcement video with your family and friends: Forward this email, share on Facebook, or post on Twitter.

We have a chance to help restore America's middle class. We have a chance to make opportunity available again, so families and small businesses can get ahead.

We can do this-- together.

Thank you for standing with me,

Elizabeth

According to Forbes, Scott Brown is Wall Street's #1 favorite senator. They will spend millions to keep him in the Senate. Elizabeth Warren in worth a dozen Weprins and Marshalls. Wanna help raise the funds Elizabeth is going to need to keep fighting the plutocrats, oligarchs and fascists that are today's Republican Party?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger SallyB said...

I LOVE that Elizabeth Warren is running for Teddy Kennedy's old Senate seat in Massachusetts. She would be a most worthy successor to the old liberal lion who was as much a leader of his party as anyone. His leadership, his voice and his passion has been missed among us old yellow dog Democrats. We NEED Elizabeth Warren in the Senate. NOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home