Thursday, December 03, 2009

The GOP Found Themselves A Hustler To Run For Secretary Of State

>

Damon Dunn, VP material for Sarah Palin

This is too long for a tweet or I would have sent it out on the DWT Tweet stream hours ago. But the quote from the Contra Costa Times has roiled me all day and I just couldn't let it go by without sharing it. "Roiled," in fact, isn't the word. Infuriated is more like it.
"[T]here's no reason for African-Americans to vote for Debra Bowen. Why would they vote for her? The secretary of state doesn't handle entitlement programs or social issues. There's no controversial issues, so what compelling reason do they have to vote for her?"

I'm not black but I felt my humanity was demeaned when I read that. The quote comes from a wealthy young Republican real estate developer, Damon Dunn, the Republican candidate for Secretary of State. And he is black!
Dunn denies he's making a racially based appeal.

"It's not about race, it's micro-targeting," he said. "I feel I can connect with evangelicals and young people, too."

He added, on the issue of his paltry voting record [the only time he's ever voted was last May], that "if I can get past this voting issue, what do they have on me?"

Dunn joins two other rich Republicans with poor voting records running for statewide office-- former eBay CEO and gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman and U.S. Senate candidate and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina.

The GOP never seems to change-- not deep on the inside where it counts.

And although Dunn is touting himself as a former "NFL star" his two year career in pro-football, a year with the Cleveland Browns and a year with the New York Jets, saw him catch one pass in the 5 games he played. He claims to be a multimillionaire as the sole officer in Tricor Corp of Irvine. But no one believes him. He's only made one political donation and that was to the California state Republican Party on September 22 ($210) and his filing shows that he claimed he is a self-employed minister. He's also completely clueless about the Secretary of State job, which is never an impediment for any Republican running for any office.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous me said...

"I feel I can connect with evangelicals"

That's all it takes to get republican votes these days. And being a football player doesn't hurt.

Football and Jesus, that's what America is all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home