Thursday, July 02, 2009

Tomorrow on DWT: Noah reflects on the life and career of Michael Jackson, and what's been missing from the media hoopla

>



Surely you weren't expecting me (Ken, that is) to have anything useful to say on the subject?

As a matter of fact, though, a couple of years ago I found myself watching some sort of TV entertainment retrospective at the home of some friends, and on came an early Jackson Five clip, and there smiling broadly and singing and above all moving all over that damned stage was this amazing little kid. I didn't know until I was told who the little kid was, but I knew that whoever he was, he was riveting. You just couldn't not keep your eyes glued to him. Some kinds of talent work that way: They're explosive and instantly and universally recognizable, and it doesn't matter that you can't explain the what or why.

I think anyone who cares about MJ and (especially) his music will be fascinated by Noah's reflections, including a terrific bit of personal witness from a crucial point in Michael's career. It'll be our 6am (PT) post in the morning. -- Ken
#

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home