Friday, January 18, 2008

WILCO TURNS DOWN DEMOCRATIC PARTY BOSS/HACK RAHM EMANUEL-- ROCKS OUT FOR OBAMA

>


It doesn't happen that frequently but every now and then I get stopped in the street by a perfect stranger saying, "Didn't I see you in that movie?" Hmmm... which movie? "You know, the one with Wilco." Oh yeah, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart. I was president of their record label and when I retired the very first move the label did was drop Wilco. Big mistake; Wilco is a signature band and the Warner Music Group soon ate shit and signed them up again-- for even more money. I was in the film talking about this stuff.

I doubt I ever had a political discussion with Wilco although it isn't inconceivable that I told them what I thought of Bush stealing the 2000 election or what I thought of his Iraq agenda or something like that. I'm positive I never discussed Chicago politics with them. In fact, until I read it in CongressDaily today I had no idea that their vile representative had asked them to play a fundraiser for him. Had I know, you can bet I would have chimed in. Hint: they live in Chicago.

Rahm Emanuel was a little put off when Wilco played a fundraiser for Obama last month. Emanuel is playing it neutral even though he's part of the Clinton Machine because Obama is the home state boy but he was pissed because after Clinton "gave" him the congressional district as a reward for narrowly pushing through NAFTA, Emanuel had to face actual voters and he asked Wilco to play for him. Being polite, Wilco said they don't do politics. Emanuel now says "Their perspective has changed." Either that or they're smarter than he gives them credit for being.




UPDATE: EMANUEL GOES PSYCHO ON BILL CLINTON

Democratic candidates and freshmen could have told him that his former poodle Rahm Emanuel has long since turned into a vicious pitbull. Clinton got a taste of it himself when the presumptuous upstart called the former president and barked at him about his role in the primaries, demanding he pipe down.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zzzz....why not Bob Seger or England Dan? Oink. Whither rock?

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of bush (javier bardem dixit)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home