Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sorry, George, no giant cracker, just a really big dufus. And a happy and healthy Channukah to all!

>

No, this isn't the photo, but it gives us Chimpy and a menorah together.

If I had a scanner and could, you know, scan stuff, maybe I would have scanned the photo on the front of the Channukah card I bought for my mother before I mailed it. She's 88 now, and failing in more ways than we have time or inclination to talk about, but I'm thinking it'll still give her a charge. Usually greeting-card shopping is a protracted agony. But yesterday I plucked this one off the rack, took one look, and whisked it straight to the checkout counter. (She should get it tomorrow, so we'll see.)

The actual picture shows our Chimpy the Prez standing next to a giant menorah, facing the camera, wearing that dopey grin we know so well. And the card has him thinking, as best I recall it:

"I hope this is the holiday where they hand out the giant cracker."

No, George, it's not. Maybe Mrs. George could rustle you up some potato latkes?

Happy Channukah to all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home