Monday, December 24, 2007

In the silly season of "Shop till you drop or else we'll have to fight the terrorists at a mall near you," let's at least be grateful for Tom Tomorrow

>

All the while I was cobbling together the previous item about the Bush regime's persistent failure to heed warnings about the likely disastrous consequences of just about every action it has taken--or failed to take--a phrase kept running through my head which never found its way into the piece. Then a friend forwarded "Part the First" of the amazing Tom Tomorrow's annual "Year in Review," and son of a gun, there it is, what we might call the motto of the Bush administration (as always, click to enlarge):

Indeed, who could have ever seen THAT one coming?

Although I'd have to say that my favorite line here is Idiot Al "The Torture Guy" Gonzales's "Sorry--what did you say my name was?"

Sorry, Al, we're trying to forget too.
#

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home