Friday, July 20, 2007

OPEN PARTY/CLOSED PARTY-- DEMOCRATS vs REPUBLICANS

>


Despite the Harold Fords, Al Wynns and the Liebermen types, the Inside the Beltway Hillary campaign crowd, the consultants and the DLC-Republican-lite careerists, Democrats are, at heart, a bottom-up grassroots party that thrives on real participation from actual living, nreathing human beings. By joyfully dumping Terry McAuliffe as head of the DNC and embracing Howard Dean, the heart and soul of the Democratic Party moved back towards what makes the Democratic Party viable-- and different from the inherently elitist and closed GOP.

Yesterday the Republican National Committee tried playing a little catch up by authorizing the CRP (California Republican Party, formerly called RPC, Republican Party of California; someone must prefer the CRP acronym which, I'm sure, you can imagine is being pronounced with much glee everywhere) to allow independents to vote in their primary. The Democrats already permit and encourage registered independents and decline-to-state voters to join in and help Democrats pick their candidates.

Yesterday's San Diego Union-Tribune speculates that, despite the rule change allowance from up top, the Republicans here in California are unlikely to embrace the whole openness concept. It runs counter to their very nature. Schwarzenegger, who they tolerate-- he is the governor-- voted at CRP's board of directors meeting to open it up. But the proposal lost 11-9 as the arch-reactionaries, like Senate Republican leader Dick Ackerman (Tustin) and Assembly GOP leader Mike Villines (Clovis), dug in their heals and refused to budge. The far right of the GOP "are adamant that only Republicans should have a say in choosing the Republican presidential nominee. Others believe the party is being institutionally shortsighted by excluding the fastest-growing voting group, 19 percent, when Democrats welcome them."

The Schwarzenegger faction, a decided minority, will bring it up again at the Republican state convention this September in Indian Wells but it is expected to be soundly defeated since the delegates are overwhelmingly among the most extremist members of the state party.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They probably fear that those Non-Republicans will all vote for somebody awfull just to mess everything up for them. They usually manage that all by themselves.

Human Beings have a habit of assuming their enemies are as bad as they themselves are. Since the Republicans are used to using dirty tricks to win elections I'm sure they believe the Dems are the same way.

Poor, deluded, simple minded children. (no offense to actual children meant)

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Later my friends told me that if I want to play the game better I should go to earn the kal geons, so I was very quickly risen to thirty levels, and then I started to play the game alone.I spend a lot of kal gold to treat myself in this game. However she was also very sad when I was hurt, she was sorry about this to me and I did not complain her at last. I was very happy and we went to earn the kal online geons to equip us to become strong. Today I play the game again and I can get a lot of kal online gold for her, I take her to upgrade and then add her experience. I have a lot of kalonline Geons and I want to give her in the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home