Thursday, February 22, 2007

AND IT'S NOT JUST DAVID GEFFEN WHO REALIZES OBAMA WOULD MAKE A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN YOU-KNOW-WHO

>


Tom Daschle and David Geffen aren't the only ones bravely risking the ire of the Clinton Machine-- Geffen, a smart cookie, was already savaged on CNN's Situation Room by that reprehensible Clinton hack married to that Republican lady who works for Cheney-- this week by endorsing Obama. Although Daschle, who I would have pegged as a sure fire Clinton sycophant, hit the nail on the head by pointing out Obama's "great capacity to unify our country and inspire a new generation of young Americans, just as I was inspired by the Kennedys and Martin Luther King," it was a non-politician's endorsement that I was most excited about.

Ex-Republican and ex-NBA star Charles Barkley has been talking about-- or encouraging others to talk about-- him running for Governor of Alabama in 2010. He used to say he would run as a Republican. But last July he told the world, in disgust, that he had had it with the Republican Party. "I was a Republican until they lost their minds."

So yesterday Barkley announced he's supporting Obama, although he thinks it's kind of quixotic because he doubts America is ready for an African American-- or a woman, for that matter-- president. "I am going with Sen. Barack Obama. I like him a lot. I respect him. I really think he'd make a fantastic president." I like that. It's been making me ill seeing Clinton buying off a bunch of African-American politicos in South Carolina. Barkley, who also likes Clinton and Edwards, is doing the right thing.

I was happy to hear Obama going on yesterday, not about Hillary and her Geffen problems but about repealing Bush's tax cuts for multimillionaires. He told a crowd at a Des Moines Town Hall meeting that repealing Bush's tax cuts would be a large step toward restoring funding and assistance to weakened programs. "April 15 when I write that check, I say 'Golly, that's a lot of money,' but what I also know is there's no such thing as a free lunch, and one of those things politics is dishonest about is pretending there's a free lunch."

Tomorrow Obama speaks at UT, Austin and so many people requested tickets that they had to move the whole shebang outdoors-- and that was even before Daschle told them he was inspirational.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that they had to use an auditorium usually reserved for stars and stuff. They are expecting over 16,000. almost as many as those of us crazy enough to get up early, travel far and stand in the 10 degree morning to hear Obama give his announcement speech.
I don't think the average african american in SC will let Hillary's bribing of people stop them from voting for who they want. People are wise to Hillary and she's been showing her real self more and more that soft touch is rubbing off really fast in light of her fear of the Obama express.
And America will elect it's first black president in 08

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

Like I care what a JOCK thinks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home