Tuesday, October 31, 2006

MACACAWITZ THUGS BEAT UP VIRGINIA BLOGGER, MARINE CORPS VET. MEDIA LABELS HIM A PROTESTER AND HECKLER

>


I didn't want to write about this today. But the Washington Post should be ashamed of whoring itself out to the GOP smear machine again. And this time their victim is a friend of mine who I was on the phone with last night, Mike Stark, a blogger, a UOV law student a father and a former marine who is a patriot who loves his country and has served it honorably. When he was set upon by paid George Allen thugs and savagely beaten, the Post head-lined it as Allen Supporters Wrestle Heckler To Ground. The paid Allen thugs are "supporters." The blogger in the media area is a "heckler" and the savage beating is a little wrestling?

The headline writer is certainly a scum-sucking tool but the 2 reporters aren't so fabulous either. "A Democratic activist who verbally confronted [when they ask a question of a politician in a media area it's also called a verbal confrontation? Or is that just for bloggers?] U.S. Sen. George Allen (R) at a campaign rally in Charlottesville today was shoved, put into a chokehold and thrown against a window by three men wearing Allen stickers, according to a widely disseminated video of the incident."

The Post also gave space to the absurd charge that this was orchestrated by Webb and the Democratic Party to embarrass Macacawitz, who has certainly proven over the course of this campaign that he needs no help from anyone in embarrassing himself. I wonder why Macacawitz and the Post didn't just blame Bill Clinton.

You can read a more reasonable and factual account at Crooks and Liars, where Mike is an occasional contributor, and you can watch the video of what actually happened for yourself.

Mike's letter to the media:
Oct 31, 2006

The following is a letter to NBC29 from Mike Stark, the man who was tackled for a comment he made at Senator Allen's campaign stop in Charlottesville on Tuesday.

My name is Mike Stark. I am a law student at the University of Virginia, a marine, and a citizen journalist. Earlier today at a public event, I was attempting to ask Senator Allen a question about his sealed divorce record and his arrest in the 1970s, both of which are in the public domain. His people assaulted me, put me in a headlock, and wrestled me to the ground. Video footage is available here, from an NBC affiliate.

I demand that Senator Allen fire the staffers who beat up a constituent attempting to use his constitutional right to petition his government. I also want to know why Senator Allen would want his staffers to assault someone asking questions about matters of public record in the heat of a political campaign. Why are his divorce records sealed? Why was he arrested in the 1970s? And why did his campaign batter me when I asked him about these questions.

George Allen defends his support of the Iraq war by saying that our troops are defending the ideals America stands for. Indeed, he says our troops are defending our very freedom. What kind of country is it when a Senator's constituent is assaulted for asking difficult and uncomfortable questions? What freedoms do we have left? Maybe we need to bring the troops home so that they can fight for freedom at George Allen's campaign events. Demanding accountability should not be an offense worthy of assault.

I will be pressing charges against George Allen and his surrogates later today. George Allen, at any time, could have stopped the fray. All he had to do was say, "This is not how my campaign is run. Take your hands off that man." He could have ignored my questions. Instead he and his thugs chose violence. I spent four years in the Marine Corps. I'll be damned if I'll let my country be taken from me by thugs that are afraid of taking responsibility for themselves.

It just isn't the America I know and love. Somebody needs to take a stand against those that would bully and intimidate their fellow citizens. That stand begins right here, right now.

W. Michael Stark


Why would Felix Macacawitz hire thugs to behave that way? Allen's own siblings have long recounted how he has always been a violent psychopath and natural born terrorist. The fish rots from the head:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home