Thursday, September 14, 2006

NEW JOHN LENNON MOVIE: TIME WOUNDS ALL HEALS

>


Back in July I heard about The U.S. vs John Lennon movie and last night I got to see it. You should do the same. I'm not a big fan of rock movies. This wasn't that. This is a powerful socio-political documentary, incredibly well-made and emotionally vibrant. I don't recall ever seeing a film where music was used to great affect.

Aside from getting some wonderful insights into exactly who John Lennon and Yoko Ono are as human beings, the film also happens to offer some stark insights into exactly what the U.S. power establishment is as well-- especially the neo-fascist Republican end of that structure. And just in case anyone is so obtuse as to miss the film-makers' connection between the pointless, criminal, aggressive wars against Vietnam and Iraq and against the 2 criminal death merchants Nixon and Bush... well Gore Vidal is there to subtly point them out.

7 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

This is one of the flicks I'm most looking forward to for the rest of this year, so I'm glad to hear it didn't disappoint .. Movies this good just don't play in my little corner of the world, so I guess I'll just have to wait for DVD

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that word should be "heels" in your headline.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Lennon was the most courageous artist or celebrity I ever saw. He delivered powerful messages, sadly many refused to listen or did not understand. To my father he was a kook. The movie was great; I started to cry at the end since I knew John's life was about to end. I still miss him.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was an extremely well done documentary. It envoked the propper emotion and really told the full story nicely summed up in "All we are saying, is give peace a chance".

Oh, and it "heals" is correct. Heel would be used for the latter end of an event or the back portion of one's foot...

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "heels," 'cause Lennon was making a joke, y'see, on the popular expression.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Heels" is how John had intended it, referring to people who were trying to deport him. But John didn't invent the quote; it's from U.S. radio personality of the 30's, Jane Ace.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "heals" not "heels" because he is referring to Karma. He is saying that yes, they tried to make amends but ultimately they will get whats coming to them for what they did to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home