Thursday, June 22, 2006

Doonesbury update: More, er, uncomfortable details about young Jeff Redfern's CIA internship dribble out

>

Yesterday, you may recall, Jeff's parents, Washington Post reporter Rick Redfern and lawyer-activist Joanie Caucus, learned that their boy had apparently been denied CIA employment just because of that unfortuante incident when he happened to fire a Hellfire missile in Afghanistan during his internship.

The idea that Jeff might be punished for screwing up struck Rick as so totally un-Bush-like that Joanie was all set to hit the phones. Now more details emerge:

JEFF: I'm pretty sure that if my station chief hadn't written me up for launching a Hellfire, I'd be in.

OUT-OF-PANEL 'RENT: That was the only blemish on your record?

JEFF: Okay, so I may have missed a few rendition classes.

JOANIE: Well, that doesn't sound so . . .

JEFF: And there may have been a stupid security breach.

RICK: How stupid?

JEFF: I was caught text-messaging during waterboarding. Big whoop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home