Thursday, April 13, 2006

CARTMAN WOULD BE A FITTING VP NOMINEE FOR EITHER BILL FRIST OR JOE BIDEN-- AND WHO WOULD JESUS CRAP ON?

>


I've had my favorite TV show-- in fact the only TV show I watch with any regularity-- on my mind since early this morning when someone sent me an e-mail about some DLC hack writing another in a long series of attack pieces against Howard Dean in the crappy rightist rag The New Republic(an). More carping junk from the most out-of-touch Inside-the-Beltway pukes there are who are still pissed off that Dean was elected to head the DNC and that the Inside-the-Beltway DLC shills were thoroughly rejected-- very thoroughly. Anyway, the nonsense in TNR that got my attention this morning was this: "They had all these fucking hippies.... These are people that are great to raise a few $500 checks, plan a party at a nightclub. But they're not the folks you need to give you [the resources] to do the things you want to do." And here I was always thinking Eric Cartman was a Republican (except when he's actually a Nazi), but all along he was actually a DLC Democrat!

I didn't think much about it. I mean Cartman a Nazi? A Republican? A DLC creep? What difference does it make except around the margins. They're all anti-humanity. I just let it go. And now I read that Comedy Central has decided to censor SOUTH PARK! No this isn't about Tom Cruise being gay or about Tom Cruise being a Scientologist or about Tom Cruise at all. This time it's about... Muhammad!

I think Trey and Matt got really pissed too because they substituted the banned images of Muhammad with an unbanned picture of Jesus Christ taking a dump on George Bush. Not just taking a dump on Bush but also on... (gasp) the American flag!

Comedy Central-- not eager to be the next Denmark-- said they had censored the cartoon out of a concern for public safety. Meanwhile SOUTH PARK's second biggest critic (after Tom Cruise), a religionist loon named Bill Donohue, is demanding that the cartoonists resign (not because of Muhammed but because of Jesus). Last week SOUTH PARK won a Peabody Award-- Bill O'Reilly never did-- because it reminded the award givers "of the need for being tolerant."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home