Tuesday, March 21, 2006

ANOTHER DISASTROUS MESS BUSH'S 'LEADERSHIP" (AND MALFEASANCE) HAVE BROUGHT OUR COUNTRY AS WE FOLLOW HIM DOWN THE ROAD TO ECONOMIC COLLAPSE

>


I saw Bush declaring that he's not gonna clean up the horrible mess he made in Iraq and I wrote a short blog piece about it before going to lunch. I talked about how much I love going to Morocco. I mean you might think it was all about exotic and adventure the first time or even two. But this past December was my 10th trip in 35 years. That's a lot of Morocco. That's me with the loafers on the camel... in the Sahara (beyond where there are any roads or towns). I've never met a Moroccan who's been to more parts of the country than I have. Point? I like Morocco. A lot. And I hate seeing Bush screwing up extremely warm relations with the very first nation to have recognized an independent U.S.A. But he is. Beyond the inherent corruption of government-to-government (or, more to the point, ruling class-to-ruling class)-- a "beyond" Bush never begins to even fathom-- there have been extremely good feelings about the American people and American ideals from Moroccans. I tried to convey it in the above-linked post. And then I went to lunch.

At lunch I read the L.A. WEEKLY-- or one sickening story, "Dubai Bares All," a perspective on Bush's completely disastrous Dubai Ports deal from an Arab-American. To the writer, the decision to not sell a security-sensitive facility to a (corrupt and despotic) foreign government is racist and it augers badly for assimilation for Arabs into American society. Get over it, Ahmet! I understand your hurt tribal pride but your conclusions are wrong. Bigots and racists (the Republican hard core base) will never accept you anyway; Democrats already do.

But I read something else today that was more disturbing, at least to me. According to an obscure Arab financial paper, The Bush Family's business associates in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are still smarting over being caught trying to take over U.S. ports in the still of night and still smarting from being forced to back down in order to keep Bush from being the next American exile after Michael Jackson to inhabit the Palms or Fronds or whatever nonsense they're building in the Gulf with all the oil billions Bush and Cheney have transferred from the American middle class to those very same Arab business partners. So now they are threatening-- seriously threatening-- revenge by backing Iran's call to dump dollars and replace them with Euros.

The report from an Emirate paper, THE KHALEEJ TIMES, claims that the UAE and "other" Arab central banks were planning to get even by selling dollar reserves for Euros, which will be extremely damaging to the U.S. economy. This is (another) perfect example of how the tribal greed and corruption that underlies every single decision from the Bush Regime-- including vital security decisions-- puts our country in great and unnecessary jeopardy. Never in the history of our nation has there been a need for a Regime to stand before the bar of Justice as there is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home