Wednesday, November 16, 2005

PREPARING FOR THANKSGIVING. ED SCHULTZ IS A STUFFED GASBAG

>

I love listening to AirAmerica. If I'm in my car and Al Franken is on, I'm there. Ditto for Randi Rhodes (who I wasn't always the biggest fan of) and Janeane Garofolo & Sam Seder and especially for Mike Malloy (whose show I love but who is on, alas, really late for me). But between Franken and Randi the local affiliate has Ed Schultz, a "reformed" wing-nut, on. I used to listen to him but when he started bashing Howard Dean I was back to NPR from noon to 3. But today NPR was doing cookie recipes or something excruciatingly dull so I wound up checking out Schultz. Oy! Maybe there was some caveat I missed but he was going on (and on and on and on) about how to avoid talking with family members about politics at Thanksgiving. Big mistake. Of course it is better not to fight with relatives but how else are we going to save our country if we don't reason with friends and relatives and colleagues (nicely)? The key is not to avoid discussions but to engage in them in a friendly and respectful way. And you must be able to back up your opinions with facts, dispassionately.

In light of that, DWT has exactly what you need: a one-stop website by Henry Waxman with all the facts and all the quotes. IRAQ ON THE RECORD is well-organized and easy to use and filled with everything you need to know to help even the most brainwashed members of your family wake up. All the exact quotes from Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rice, Rumsfeld, et al... every lie that each one of them used to deceive Congress and the American public. If this approach doesn't work... they can always listen to Ed Schultz.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Timcanhear said...

I have to respectfully disagree with DTW on this one. Air America will be broadcast on armed forces radio and we have Ed Schultz to thank for it.
I can't listen to Al Franken. My car doesn't drive itself and when I tune him in, my mind goes numb and my body falls asleep.
Thanksgiving is a time to bring the family together. We used to battle politics but we realized we weren't going to change anything at the dinner table. We have 364 other days to try.
Maybe someday Al Franken will deliver a line that resonates with some sense of urgency but till then, he's just background whispers. Shhhh, nap time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home