Wednesday, November 02, 2005

HOW ARE GAYS LIKELY TO FAIR UNDER SCALITO IF THE DEMOCRATS DON'T STOP HIM ?

>

Johnny and Seymour have a few things in common, other than that they're both friends of mine. They're each very successful in their respective fields-- Seymour is one of the most esteemed talent scouts (as well as the chairman of his company) in the history of the music business and Johnny is hands-down the most provocative and entertaining radio talk show host in Los Angeles. They're both on-the-edge (and pretty edgy) East Coast guys with genuine concerns for which way the country is going. Yesterday they both got in touch with me, Johnny to turn me on to the most foul-mouthed political blog I'd ever seen and Seymour to ask me if I had heard that Alito is a homo. I can't remember, specifically, which Rude Pundit article Johnny was trying to turn me on to. I remember liking it enough to bookmark the site. But Seymour's question-- assertion even-- about Bush's extreme right wing Supreme Court nominee I wasn't likely to forget.

Now Seymour's not an internet kind of guy. About 7-8 years ago I bought him a brand new state-of-the-art MacIntosh and a year later I saw it sitting, unopened, in the box it came in. He claimed he couldn't find an appropriate antique computer table. Eventually he gave it to his more technologically savvy daughter (who used it to help herself become an award-winning film-maker.) So I know he didn't get this rumor on the internet. He wouldn't tell me where it came from, just that he believes it. He's well connected with two mafias-- a somewhat light-in-the-loafers one in Hollywood and a more classic type one in Philly. Anyway... I didn't believe it, or even want to believe it. But I decided to sniff around online.

And one of the first places I went, after Google turned up no clues and after I noticed BlogActive is on vacation or hiatus, was to that dirty site Johnny had turned me on to-- Rude Pundit, to see if he had anything. He did!! (But it was more what one would expect from a neo-fascist like Alito. He's definitely aware of gays though.)

"...according to the Washington Post, on September 24, 1986, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Sam 'Motherfucker-in-training' Alito helped author a Justice Department policy that 'said that discrimination based on insufficient medical knowledge was not prohibited by federal laws protecting the handicapped. Employers, it said, may legally fire AIDS victims because of a 'fear of contagion whether reasonable or not.' The Justice Department's position was rejected by many states, including some that reacted by barring discrimination against people with AIDS. Alito, whose work helped foster some of the hysteria about AIDS during the Reagan era, said, 'We certainly did not want to encourage irrational discrimination,' but the reaction to it 'hasn't shaken our belief in the rightness of our opinion.'"

Corporations and big business, on the other hand, have nothing to worry about from Judge Alito. BUSINESSWEEK has a very
telling article about why Big Business loves Alito. He has long been a staunch proponent of limits on legal liability, employee rights, and federal regulation. According to the BUSINESSWEEK article "In the 800-plus opinions he has penned during his 15 years as a federal judge, Alito consistently has come down on the side of limiting corporate liability, limiting employee rights, and limiting federal regulation." Tailor-made for the anti-consumer/anti-worker/anti-HUMAN Bush Regime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home