Tuesday, November 01, 2005

WILL BUSH TAKE THE NO-PARDONS PLEDGE IN THE ROVEGATE TRIALS ?

>

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Bob Casey's. But yesterday I sold my house in Pennsylvania so he has nothing to worry about from me. I would have voted for him anyway against Santorum, of course. I mean Casey gets a C or even a C+ in my book (although I feel he'll be a worse senator than a candidate) and Santorum only gets an F because there is nothing lower. HOWEVER my opinion of Mr. Casey just leaped and bounded when I say a little proposal he made on LIBERAL OASIS. Actually, it wasn't really a little proposal. It was a major mothafuckin' DEMAND. This past Sunday on ABC-TV George Stephanopoulos brought it up in the form of a question to Harry "Fascist Fighter" Reid. What Casey demanded-- and what Reid sees the wisdom in-- is to convince Bush to stop mouthing lame empty phrases about cooperating with the RoveGate Investigation and do actually DO something about it. I mean he stole both elections and occupies the White House and that position, no matter how he came by it, does imply a certain degree of helping maintain law and order. And Casey's demand: get him to completely and publicly remove any expectation that Administration officials might receive a “Get Out of Jail Free” card if found guilty. A “No Pardons” pledge will stop anyone from trying to game the judicial system in Fitzgerald's investigation.

Back on October 21, before Reid shut down the Senate and forced Frist and Roberts to agree to a truly bipartisan investigation of what kind of skullduggery Bush and Cheney and that lot were up to before they attacked Iraq, I slipped in a link to Bush's ace-in-the-hole, his unchallengable pardon power. Liberal Oasis is urging that Reid and the recently resuscitated Democrats start talking this up loud and hard. "It’s brilliant because it’s win-win, no matter how Bush responds to it. If Bush refuses to issue a 'No Pardons' edict, it raises additional questions about his and Cheney’s complicity in The Leak, and about Bush’s professed 'honor and integrity' standards." [Is that operative anymore... anywhere? I mean even most of the 35-36% of die-hards who still support him are just in it for the naked hatred and bigotry or the sheer greed and selfishness; no one with a 3-digit IQ believes the honor and integrity shtick anymore.] Liberal Oasis adds that "if public pressure forces Bush to issue such a pledge, that takes away a big incentive for Libby to keep his mouth shut about his bosses, increasing the chances he’ll spill in exchange for a lighter sentence."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home