Saturday, August 06, 2011

Sunday Classics preview: Would you want to hear more of this music?

>

Or better still, just listen to it. (There's no prize.)

by Ken

I think the reason I have such a hard time controlling my on-line record purchases (I mean, really now, is there any sense in which I can be said to need more records?) is the fun of having this little packages arrive like gifts from the exceptionally wise, thoughtful, generous person you wish you had in your life.

This week I got one of those little packages, and soon after I started listening I encountered some music that simply transports me.

Excerpt 1


I thought it would be nice share to share this music with you, and we're starting tonight with just a few especially, um, transporting moments. I'm sure a number of you will recognize this music, but for tonight that isn't the point so much as just taking in these tiny excerpts. Sometimes, even cruelly ripped out of context, they're enough to tell you that you've been transported by of a master spell-maker.


FOR EXCERPTS 2 AND 3, CLICK HERE
#

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home