Sunday, February 25, 2018

Why Is He Still President? Elton John, Eminem And Tom Steyer Want To Know

>




Today Tom Steyer started running his new Impeach Trump minute-long TV ad. It's good one, based on Putin-Gate. He debuted it at the California Democratic Convention in San Diego yesterday. Guess what... people loved it. "We need to stand for our principles," he said on the convention floor, "that means confronting the man who has no principles: Donald Trump." You know who agrees? Eminem... who was interviewed by Elton John in the new issue of Interview magazine.

Sir Elton: Let’s talk about “The Storm,” which is an example of someone actually getting off their ass and saying something, and it reverberating through the world. What you said was pretty much what most musicians, I assume-- apart from some country artists-- are probably thinking themselves. You seemed to have needed to get that out of your system.

Em: It’s something that I’m definitely very passionate about. If I’m not passionate about it, I can’t write it. I can’t fake it.

Sir: Let me ask you, was that totally off the cuff or did you write all that down and memorize it?

Em: I wrote it. The original idea was for me to go to the BET Awards and do it acapella onstage. I went home that same day and wrote it all, but then at the last minute, plans got switched around and we filmed it in Detroit.

Sir: I think it worked out better that way.

Em: One of the things we were trying to mimic was Public Enemy’s “You’re Gonna Get Yours” cover. I don’t know if anybody got that, but that’s kind of the feel that we were going for. My main concern was trying to get the message out and also memorize all the words. I have a hard time memorizing stuff. I’m always in the process of writing a new song, so trying to learn a new one takes a minute.

Sir: The people on set with you, had they heard it before you started filming?

Em: Nah, nobody had heard it.

Sir: It needed to be said. I’ve been coming to America since 1970, and it’s like my second home, but I’ve never felt such a divided country, ever. I didn’t think it would get to this point, and it breaks my heart.

Em: It was about having the right to stand up to oppression. I mean, that’s exactly what the people in the military and the people who have given their lives for this country have fought for-- for everybody to have a voice and to protest injustices and speak out against shit that’s wrong. We’re not trying to disrespect the military, we’re not trying to disrespect the flag, we’re not trying to disrespect our country. But shit is going on that we want to make you aware of. We have a president who does not care about everybody in our country; he is not the president for all of us, he is the president for some of us. He knows what he’s doing.

Sir: Everything that he does is deliberate.

Em: As long as he’s got his base, he does not give a fuck about anybody else in America. But guess what? There’s more of us than there are of them. I still feel like America is the greatest country to live in. This is my opinion. But we have issues that we need to work on and we need to do better.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is president because obamanation and democraps refused to fix any of the evils perpetrated by cheney/bush or Clinton or Reagan.
he is president because the democraps need a total shit show in order to raise shitloads of money to try to close the gap in both chambers.
he is president because the Nazis finally have a genuine Nazi in the wh and they won't tolerate removing him, even for treason and grotesque incompetence.

everyone can say anything they want about it. But Pelosi is the one person who could decide to impeach and she won't. As she's demonstrated iteratively over the past 12 years, it is far more important to her to raise prodigious sums of money than it is to honor her oath and govern. You can say ditto for the eitirety of the democrap oligarchy.
And since voters always re-elect those motherfuckers, you can say ditto for D voters.

trump is president because he is a perfect reflection for what ails the united shitholes of America. he will remain president until that changes (I'm predicting that '18 will again signal that nothing has changed) or until he tires of being president. period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home