Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Florida Democratic Candidate/Military Veteran: "Don't Pull That Populist Stuff With Me."

>


Ask yourself why Debbie Wasserman Schultz is a Democrat-- not a politician, a Democrat. I know why she's a politician: a nice cushy career and a sick lust for power and importance. But why is someone like her a Democrat instead of a Republican? "Oh, Howie, stop being so mean," you might be thinking now. Let me share a note I got from Democratic candidate Doug Tudor with you. I begged him to let me publish it and he said ok. I've written about him before, back when he said that members of Congress who voted for Bush's warrantless wiretap FISA legislation had violated their oaths of office. He's a twenty-year Navy vet who's selflessly challenging rubber stamp Republican Adam "Howdy Doody Nimrod" Putnam in a district that mostly corresponds with Polk County east of Tampa, Florida. Unlike DWS' district (PVI is D+18), FL-12 is a tough, tough district for Democrats. In fact it was designed to give a Republican a safe seat (PVI is R+5). But Doug is putting up a strong and valiant fight-- which is why he is the only candidate on the DWT ActBlue page.
One of the most satisfying aspects of my time in Denver was being able to see Democrats uniting together to help other Democrats. I received financial support from Congressman John Salazar (D-CO), Congressman Phil Hare (D-IL), future Congressman Jared Polis (D-CO), as well as from convention attendees from Washington, Montana, North Carolina, and Florida. What I have not been able to do is to get Democrats from Florida’s congressional caucus to risk offending their good friend, Adam Putnam, by contributing from their personal wealth or campaign accounts, or by endorsing me.
 
I, of course, was most anxious to meet and speak with Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (DINO-FL), who is chairing the DCCC’s Red-to-Blue program. I just knew that she would welcome the chance to defeat Adam Putnam, as that would allow her lay sole claim to the title of “Wonder Kid” in Florida’s politics. Adam, after all, isn’t her next door neighbor. Once she comes onboard, I assumed, the other members of the caucus would lose their timidity and also support me. I was dead wrong, and I should have known better.  
 
It is well known that Wasserman-Schultz supports Republicans Lincoln Diaz-Balart, Mario Diaz-Balart, and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen over their Democratic opponents, although lately she has been pressured into giving belated and grudging support to Joe Garcia and Raul Martinez who are opposing the Diaz-Balarts. I always figured that she was just afraid of the Hispanic backlash in her own district. What I hadn’t considered is that she is just afraid of all incumbent Republicans in Florida. When I met her in Denver, she immediately told me that she couldn’t support me, saying I hadn’t raised enough money. I told her that I had raised $100K, that I was a military retiree, that my family is living on my wife’s Air Force E6 pay, and that I wasn’t able like other “viable” candidates to drop a quarter of a million dollars into my own campaign. I then told her, “Congresswoman, I am one of those working-class guys that our party claims to represent.” Her response was “Don’t pull that populist stuff with me.” I thanked her for her time.
 
As a person who made his career in the profession of arms, I know that when you’re in a fight, you have to fight on all fronts. Adam Putnam is easily becoming the most-hated Republican in America. He can be beat. Even Adam knows it’s a bad year for Republicans. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz needs to lead, follow, or get the Hell out of the way.
  
Anyone who has been following our little series on how Wasserman Schultz has been sabotaging Annette Taddeo's campaign to win the Miami-Dade seat currently occupied by DWS crony Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (here, here, here, here, and here, for starters) knows we came to the conclusion long ago that she should get the Hell out of the way.

It was very brave of Doug to say what many progressive incumbents were thinking after the FISA vote-- that caucus leaders Rahm Emanuel and Steny Hoyer had let them down by crossing the aisle and voting with Bush-- but only Doug was brave enough to say it on the record. DSW is well known as a mad-dog, vindictive power-monger. By confronting her directly he has raised her ire. Any chance he ever had to get into the DCCC's very suspect Red to Blue program that she controls like a personal fiefdom has been shattered. Please consider joining me in giving Doug some support in his lonely and courageous grassroots battle against Adam Putnam, the #3 villain (and someone who's "gone Washington" but is still a self-proclaimed supporter of mooseburgers) in the GOP House hierarchy (their Rahm Emanuel).

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, wonder if Republicans treat each other this way or if they're interested enough in their own party to help each other out. Doug Tudor is a great candidate that the Dems should embrace, but this DLC approach as exhibited by Wasserman-Schultz is what is keeping Dems from excelling. When Dems support down-ticket races, it spreads throughout the area where those candidates compete and will bear fruit in the future. Very short-sighted approach by the DCCC. Let's show them they're wrong. Support Doug Tudor.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Contact Debbie. NOW.

DC OFFICE
118 Cannon H.O.B
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-7931
Fax: 202-226-2052

PEMBROKE PINES OFFICE
10100 Pines Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
Phone: 954-437-3936
Fax: 954-437-4776
photo, Pembroke Pines Office Building

AVENTURA OFFICE
19200 West Country Club Drive, 3rd Floor
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: 305-936-5724
Fax: 305-932-9664

Be nice, but firm. Respectful, but serious.

Ask Debbie why she loves her some Adam Putnam.

Maybe she has a thing for red-headed fascists?

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, brother. I can't think of a single victorious race, here in Central Florida, that the "party" had anything to do with. It is the workers, the canvassers, the phone bankers, the activists that get the job done.

Doug can win this race, and I know I am not alone in giving my time to his victory. Join TeamTudor.org!

Thanks, DWT for writin' the truth that needs writin'!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Susan S said...

I don't understand how DWS has kept her position as head of the Red to Blue program. It's a disgrace that she won't openly support good Democrats. And Doug Tudor is a good Democrat, no, make that the BEST Democrat!

I'm not sure what it takes to get the attention of the Democratic leadership. Money seems to be the only thing that speaks to them. What a surprise.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the opportunity to meet Wasserman Schultz at the "United We Stand" Dinner in Pasco county, and I understand why she is the was she is with Doug and all Progressives. She fears us. She is a Democrat because she has to be in her district to win. She had NO primary opponent when she first ran, in a D+18 District! WOW, what a luxury. She went up against Margaret Hostetter, a Right wing freak. So a monkey with a D would win there. What the HELL does she know about running an election, she has never HAD to run one. When she first ran she lined up endorsments before she raised money . . .OH I get it . . .Doug needed to kiss her butt first and get her blessing before she ran. She needs to be afraid, because we progressives will be going after DINO's after we get the Republicans.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked!

Shocked, I tell ya.

A proud Florida Democrat NOT supporting a fellow proud Florida Democrat?!

Well, this proud and loud Florida Democrat is supporting Doug Tudor and I want him representing the District in DC. I trust Doug not to be increasing his personal wealth on MY dime!

DWS should be very worried.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am retired military and have grown to know Doug and how he thinks from several fund drives,dinners ect., we need him now! I will not talk about the redhead,known him for years and still don't have enough cash to get a second word in.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL THE MILLIONAIRE NIMROD OF THE HOUSE FINDS SUPPORT FROM THE DWS DEMOCRATS IN CONTROL OF THE FLORIDA PARTY ... WHAT A SHOCK !!!
WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM THEM, THEY ARE REPUBLICANS IN FACT AND DEED !!!! THEY DO NOT HONOR THE PLEDGE TO ONLY SUPPORT DEMOCRATS NOR DO THEY HELP IN ANY WAY UNLESS FORCED TO MAKE OBLIQUE REMARKS THAT MIGHT BE RELATED TO A WEAK POSSIBLE SUPPORT STATEMENT, BUT NO CASH !!! THE SOONER THEY ARE OUT THE BETTER !!!
WALTER OROURKE

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger fed up said...

It is easy to see from all these posts how fractured the Dems are. A monkey with a D? Thats what is there now. This next election will be won by a candidate who will vote for their constituents and not a liberal, partisan Obama agenda. The people of South Florida are waking up and fed up. Big change coming in November and the Dems are out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home