Wednesday, June 20, 2007

IN PREPARATION FOR THAT SCHLEPP TO THE SEERSUCKER STORE TODAY...

>

As Ken points out below, another Seersucker Thursday is almost upon us. It just sort of creeped up when no one was lookin'. Compliments of our pals at PoliticsTV and The Young Turks, here's some music you may find as appropriate as we did to listen to while you're getting ready to brave the heat before going out on this, the last shopping day before Seersucker Thursday, 2007. Share with us-- and the whole nation (minus 28% of insane people)-- a bit of a dream, a dream the whole world is more or less praying for. And, although infinitely better than the Air Canada ad jingle-- or, for that matter, any Celine Dion song-- I have a feeling these particular musicians may be part of the 28% who might prefer a third Bush/Cheney term.

In any case, here's Sweet Home Gore-Obama:



And, along those lines, every day can be Seersucker Thursday with humor like this:

President Bush, First Lady Laura and Dick Cheney were flying on Air Force One. George looked at Laura, chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy." Laura shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I could throw ten 100 bills out the window and make ten people very happy." Cheney added, "That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy".
Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his co-pilot "Such big-shots back there. I could throw all of them out of the window and make 256 million people very happy."

The pilot underestimates-- by several billion.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger cybermome said...

Howie,

I will never forget how ridiculous
my FORMER Senator looked in Seersucker. Santatorium. God it's an ugly look...

On another note I never posted your comments regarding Romney, his sons
and how they are all rich due to Romney et co being a "vulture" capitalist. Romneys fortune and how he made $$$ is a story waiting to be told.. Up until a month ago I worked for a company owned by Bain capital.My job of over 7 years was eliminated. And if I did not know better I would swear that my former
company is being run into the ground so Bain can step in and sell off the pieces. And here's something else cute that Bain did ..Employees at one of the warehouses wanted to unionize . So they closed the warehouse and all the employees lost their job. And they opened another warehouse an hour and a half away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home