Wednesday, May 17, 2006

SPONGEBOB-- ACTIN' BLUE FOR McNERNEY, FEINGOLD, HODES, LAMONT, BUSBY & CARDIN

>


If you're a regular DWT reader you know how excited I get about our ACT BLUE Page. I just got back to L.A. from my little excursion inside the Beltway. One of the first things I did when I got back was to check the Act Blue pages and I was floored to see that while I was away SpongeBob Squarepants had donated to some of the progressive candidates on the page, namely Jerry McNerney, Paul Hodes, Ned Lamont, Francine Busby and Ben Cardin. Now Paul Hodes makes perfect sense, not just because he and SpongeBob share basic progressive values, but because Paul started a children-oriented independent record label. (SpongeBob is in the studio with Andy Paley right now working on an album. The two of them had collaborated on 3 songs for the SpongeBob movie soundtrack, including two songs that are mind-blowing, "Employee of the Month" and "Best Day Ever.") Anyway, SpongeBob read about Francine Busby, Jerry McNerney, Ben Cardin and Ned Lamont and decided to toss some doubloons their way too. And, on top of that, he tossed some into Russ Feingold's Progressive Patriots Fund.

I know SpongeBob has a lot of concerns that normal Americans have-- from Bush's war in Iraq, to NSA spying to the Republican Culture of Corruption-- but I have a strong suspicion that the reason he decided to donate to these particular candidates is because all of them have been extremely committed to issues that involve the health, education and welfare of children, something that SpongeBob and the Mrs. are also very committed to. Progressives believe in investing in children, our most valuable resource, and these are candidates who have devoted their lives to issues that impact children's lives. It makes plenty of sense for SpongeBob. I bet it does for you too.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been listening to Tasini in New York on Air America tonight. He is a very articulate progressive Democrat.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger TSop said...

Dubya is like Plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Right down to the robot wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home