Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Contest Coming-- Help Tim Canova Pick The Prize

>




One of the ways Blue America helps the candidates we endorse is by donating rock'n'roll memorabilia from my old days as a music business executive. We're going to do one with Tim Canova next. He's running for the Broward/Miami-Dade seat that Debbie Wasserman Schultz appears to have stolen last cycle. So gave him the choice of a bunch of platinum awards rear were given to me personally. Here's the e-mail Tim sent his supporters yesterday:
I am excited to report that Blue America-- a fearless progressive grassroots group and the first to endorse us against Debbie Wasserman Schultz-- will give away an original platinum album to help support our campaign.

The only problem is that we have not yet decided which album to raffle off to our supporters!  The choices are hit albums by Erasure, Chris Isaak, and Barenaked Ladies. But we’re leaving that decision up to all of you!

Please let us know by sometime this Friday, January 26th which is your choice of album to be raffled off:
Barenaked Ladies - GORDON (1992)
        Debut studio album with such classic hits, "If I Had $1,000,000,"
          "Be My Yoko Ono" and "Brian Wilson"

  Chris Issak - FOREVER BLUE (1995)
        Nominated for a Best Rock Album Grammy in 1996
        Hit songs: "Somebody's Crying" and "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing"

  Erasure - THE INNOCENTS (1988)
        Hit songs: "A Little Respect," "Chains of Love" and "Ship of Fools"
We will follow up soon after your votes are in with another email that announces which album is selected by all of you, and allows you to enter the raffle contest by making a contribution of any size to our campaign.
If you want to vote, just click here. And whichever album gets the most votes, that's the one we'll use as the prize in the Tim Canova contest. I always loved this one... Andy and Vince are such great guys. Last time I looked, Barenaked Ladies were out ahead.



Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Sally Jones said...

I love Erasure, but I'm kind of old, so... I just heard you on Background Briefing and I'm grateful you're really telling it like it is! I'm wondering if there's a way to subscribe to this blog. Thank you!

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My musical faves are from earlier times, but any of these would be fine by me.

Working on raising my SECOND donation to Canova. Good interview by Jimmy Dore with Canova.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home