Friday, October 06, 2017

Linda Sánchez Stabbed Pelosi Right In The Back Yesterday

>




Linda and I
Sánchez (D-CA) is vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, #5 in the House Democratic conference, right under corrupt Wall Street whore Joe Crowley. Yesterday, on C-SPAN's Newsmakers, she called on the 3 top Dems-- Pelosi, Hoyer and Clyburn (who are all in their late 70s and not as sharp as they once were)-- to start preparing to move on and make room for the next generation of leaders, presumably Crowley and herself.

"I do think it’s time to pass a torch to a new generation of leaders, and I want to be a part of that transition. I want to see that happen. I think we have too many great members here that don’t always get the opportunities that they should. I would like to see that change... They are all of the same generation, and, again, their contributions to the Congress and the caucus are substantial. But I think there comes a time when you need to pass that torch. And I think it’s time."

I reached out to a few members on Congress. No one wanted to go on the record, but one brilliant member told me that "This is the culmination of Rahm Emanuel’s multiprong strategy to drag the caucus to the right, through recruitment, corporate money, Super PACs, emphasis on fundraising and self-funding, and de-emphasis on policy.  Pelosi may feel now that she helped to create Frankenstein’s monster.  Pelosi and Hoyer, though, working together, are almost impossible to beat. The insurgents have made a strategic mistake in going after both of them. Also, given that the average age of a Member of Congress is 57 years, and the enormous perks of seniority, I’m not sure that a 'youth movement' is a very compelling argument. The last thing that a 57-year-old wants to see is a 45-year-old elevated above him."


Tired of waiting


Another smart-as-a-whip member of Congress sent me this note this morning:
Off the record.

Nancy is the hardest-working person I know, and I'll be sad when she leaves. There's no way she leaves before the midterms. If we win the House in the midterms she stays. If not, she will not be able to withstand the pressure for her to step down.

Fair or unfair, over an extended time, sustained attacks have the ability to damage a politician's brand, as Hillary's experience showed. Nancy's is badly damaged. In my own district, she is so far underwater that the attack ads against me will almost certainly just be pictures of me and Nancy, the "tax-and-spend liberal" caption, and whatever percentage figure they choose to say I vote with Nancy. To me, actually, this is sort of a relief, because it means they can't find anything more damning than that, so I might not be screwing this job up too badly.

I am quite friendly with Linda Sánchez but I haven't spoken to her about her statement so I can only speculate that she is just raising her profile for a leadership contest when it eventually comes.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous innocent bystander said...

Hooray, it's The Kinks!

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A not so innocent bystander says: Ray Davies for Speaker of the House. He can borrow my birth certificate if he were to become 'next in line.'

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, nobody works harder than the biggest earner in the cathouse. That's been Pelosi's only claim to fame for decades. Her words have been liberal but her deeds, refusals to act and her bribery have all been fascist. One need not ask why nancy's sig is not on either MFA bill because nancy has been plowed repeatedly by that lobby to NOT put her sig on it. Review the ACA melodrama and you'll see the same effect. Remember the now iterative "impeachment is off the table" vows to violate her oath of office? Remember what happened to Kucinich's articles of impeachment vs. cheney and gonzalez? Look at what the DCCC has become under her leadershit.

If humans still study history in 50 years, her tenure at the top of the cathouse will be viewed as the caustic and antidemocratic Armageddon that it is. Under her leadershit, the DCCC has recruited, funded and elected a hundred worthless corrupt pieces of shit that made the democraps the failures that they've been for decades. Coincident with this, their policy initiatives (that which they actually sought to pass) have been few, far-between, and wholly fascist in nature.
Under her leadershit, orders of magnitude more effort has been expended in NOT doing useful things than in doing... anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home