At last, something to celebrate: Tomorrow (Feb. 9) is National Pizza Day!
If you'd like to celebrate the big day with Slow-Cooker Pizza-Stuffed Peppers, you'll find the recipe here.
Yes, of course, the news lately, ricocheting between bad and worse, has been grim, and we know that, looking into the future, the worst is surely yet to come.
But no, I'm not celebrating that miserable made-up holiday. I'm celebrating a day that will do way more than all the combined efforts of the so-called Trump administration ever will to Make America Great Again: National Pizza Day. Which falls tomorrow, February 9.
If you aren't already in a festive mood, here's an example, courtesy of WTKR.com, of how to honor this great day:
And just to show that Melissa is serious about this, there's not a single picture of pizza to spark our cheese cravings! Of course these tidings aren't of much use if you don't happen to be in the WTKR service area, which would appear to be the Hampton Roads (VA) area. This is why I haven't worried overmuch about the above "links" not being live. (If you do happen to live in the WTKR service area, just follow the link to Melissa's post.) Still, this should help imbue you with the spirit of the occasion.
Deals and steals for National Pizza Day
POSTED 5:00 AM, FEBRUARY 8, 2017, BY MELISSA STEPHENSON
Thursday, February 9 is National Pizza Day!
Social media is sure to be buzzing with pictures of pizza all day sparking your cheese cravings so here is a list of deals that will make indulging even better.
• Sabarro: Get a free slice of pizza when you join the Sabarro Slice Society
• Papa John’s: 40% off any pizza at regular menu price with code 40PIZZA – Until March 5
• PizzaHut: Medium three topping pizza for $6
• Dominos: Choose any two or more on select items for $5.99 each
• Del Vecchio’s, Norfolk: Delivery specials on 18″ pizzas and one topping specials for pickup
• Reginella’s Trattoria & Pizzeria, Chesapeake: Lunch specials until 3:30 p.m. – 2 slices and a drink combo and 12″ two topping pizza for $8.50
• Brixx Wood Fired Pizza, Greenbrier, Chesapeake and Landstown, Va. Beach – After 10 p.m. half off pizzas and appetizers
• Adamo’s New York Pizzeria, Virginia Beach: Two 14″ one topping pizzas for $17.99
• Jet’s Pizza, Virginia Beach: One topping pizza and wings (small: $15.49, medium: $16.49, large: $19.49)
UP FOR A MORE HANDS-ON APPROACH?
The folks at BettyCrocker.com have you covered, in "Any Way You Slice it, it's National Pizza Day!" "Whether you’re in the mood for a classic pie or a twist on tradition," they've got "12 ways to enjoy your pizza day," each accompanied by an, er, appropriate picture, like the one above of the Slow-Cooker Pizza-Stuffed Peppers.
• Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
• "Thai Chicken Party" Pizza
• Slow-Cooker Pizza Chicken
• Slow-Cooker Pizza Soup
• Stuffed-Crust Pepperoni Pizza
• Italian Pizza Bake (Cooking For 2)
• Impossibly Easy Pizza Bake
• White Spaghetti Pizza Bake
• Stuffed Pizza
• Extra-Easy Pizza
• Gluten-Free Pizza
• Slow-Cooker Pizza-Stuffed Peppers
BUT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PIZZA ROUTINES!
Or maybe this is the day to go hog wild and bust right out of those routines! Either way, you know you've got the full weight of that great traditional day of commemoration National Pizza Day behind you as you approach the great day.
As they say at WTKR: Eat up!